What's wrong with my team / players?

Hello,

I am managing Forest Green in the Conference Premier. In FM 14 i was managing Örebro SK and had a wonderful time, even got promoted for the Europa League Qualification.

But this FM i admit it, i totally suck. We should be fighting for the Playoffs, instead we are one of the teams at the bottom of the table.

Most notable fact is that the other teams at the bottom always play up against us like they were Real Madrid or something.

We are also gifting them many chances to score goals because my players decide 2-3 times a match that it would be a great idea to concede easy corners.

That's something that frustrates me a lot, my defenders keep trying to pass it back to my goalie but instead the ball goes out, when they are pressed by only 1 opponent and have enough time on the ball and place. How can i avoid that?

Also my players seem to ignore the player instructions a lot, for example i told my Leftback and Halfback to pass it shorter, all i see them do is attempting long crosses which of course turn-over possesion.

It's the little things i believe we could avoid to be a better team, i can't remember having those problems in FM 14..is it due to the poor quality of the english league?

Thanks.

Archived