Are Plug and Play tactics dead? - FMC

Hi,

don't have much time these days (since fm10) to go about fully setting / finding a decent tactic for each new club i want to manage. So generally i download a tactic which seems to work well across the board (decent teams / poor teams) subject to me buying the right players etc.

are they still decent plug and play tactics about, doesnt seem to be many about. i only play FMC theses days due to time. i always favour a 4-2-3-1 formation (with wingers and amc) or a 4-4-2 (again with wingers).

Plug and play only ever existed due to them all taking advantage of major match engine issues each year. Now the major flaws are a lot less recognisable than before meaning the bigger exploitable bugs have been ironed out. Sure there's still a lot of bugs but nothing too major these days.

Plenty of info around on the forums though if you want to create a tactic.

Cheers,

i have read a little on the guides linked in the locked threads, its the time actually implementing the guidance given into a formation which i want to play, in the passed when i have tried and produced what looks to be a fairly safe tactic (which is all i am after to be honest, not a naturally outpreforming tactic, just one which is safe) it always went drastically wrong. id imagine its probably down to only 1 or 2 roles which is does the oppersite to what i want the team to do, but finding that and playing around is the time consuming part which basically means less time playing, scouting / building a career game.

basically due to time, tactics / the process of producing a tactic is one area i could really do without as for me the enjoyment is from playing out season, getting the right players etc. i would just play the tactics in fm but they seem to naturally underpreform

Cheers,

i have read a little on the guides linked in the locked threads, its the time actually implementing the guidance given into a formation which i want to play, in the passed when i have tried and produced what looks to be a fairly safe tactic (which is all i am after to be honest, not a naturally outpreforming tactic, just one which is safe) it always went drastically wrong. id imagine its probably down to only 1 or 2 roles which is does the oppersite to what i want the team to do, but finding that and playing around is the time consuming part which basically means less time playing, scouting / building a career game.

basically due to time, tactics / the process of producing a tactic is one area i could really do without as for me the enjoyment is from playing out season, getting the right players etc. i would just play the tactics in fm but they seem to naturally underpreform

It's not always roles and duties that are making tactics fail and it has become something of an obsession that there is a magic combo that will play well 90% of the time. In actual fact very sound role and duties can be completely ruined by poor match strategy. Not adjusting to how the AI are playing.

Archived