4-1-2-1-2 formation

Just wondering if there are any other die hard followers of this tactic? I have always used it in previous versions of FM with high success overall. In FM2015 I am finding it absolutely terrible. Previously I could use it regardless of whether my team was strong in the league they were in or not, but with a below average team I am losing practically every game and rock bottom of the league. I wonder if the new engine doesn't allow this to perform well unless the players in your MC and AMC positions are very specifically suited to the formation?

Im a big fan of this formation. Used it in my first season on FMH 15 with Man United. Won the league by 2pts over Man City. Came to the semi finals against Barcelona in CL and won the League cup against Arsenal. Lost in the semi final against tottenham in FA Cup. 4-4-2 diamond (its the treble formation for Man United back in 98/99) where keane was playing DMS and becks and giggsy had the sentrals following neville as wingbacks. These new engine seems to work little bit more realistic then FMH 14 engine. You need a better balance to your roles to make every formation work, and pay attention to the match if your players isnt playing good to see what type of player role u have selected wrong. Every match is different.

I have a formula i use to set up and edit my formation before and under matches. Goes as follow.

CM = def minded

DLM = def minded

BMW = support minded

BBM = offensive minded

AP = offensive minded

Win the midfield, win the match. Be aware, your strikers need also to suite the right roles compared to what type of players u have. Dont put a weak player to be a target man for exemple.

Good luck sir.

That isn't really right. A BWM can be defensive if you pair him right, a CM is support minded. He doesn't track back he just sits in the middle keeping the ball ticking with passes. On the other hand a BBM is support minded too, you see him on both boxes. He could be at one end making a tackle then at the other scoring.

That isn't really right. A BWM can be defensive if you pair him right, a CM is support minded. He doesn't track back he just sits in the middle keeping the ball ticking with passes. On the other hand a BBM is support minded too, you see him on both boxes. He could be at one end making a tackle then at the other scoring.

True, if you use the BMW in the DMS slot.

In the midfield the BBM seems to be more aggressive in the offense then defense. No matter how u pair him. Out from testings it seems BBM is an attacking midned, not as attacking as an APM but still an offensive role scoring/assist allot, but also like u say and what is explained in game he goes defensive to. What i have written up above is just a guideline which works for me. BBM does not do much success in the defensive part that i wanna think of him as an support role.

Pairing BMW with APM for attacking game play, or BMW + BBM if i wanna pull a little more back. A DLM pulls back, and yes CM stays in the middle of the midfield. However, the CM have way more tackling then a BBM or APM and is rarely seen in the opposition box. Thats why i conclude the CM role to be a defensive minded. Again, not saying my formula is "right", im saying its a guideline to follow and it works for me no matter what team or what formation i want to setup.

True, if you use the BMW in the DMS slot.

In the midfield the BBM seems to be more aggressive in the offense then defense. No matter how u pair him. Out from testings it seems BBM is an attacking midned, not as attacking as an APM but still an offensive role scoring/assist allot, but also like u say and what is explained in game he goes defensive to. What i have written up above is just a guideline which works for me. BBM does not do much success in the defensive part that i wanna think of him as an support role.

Pairing BMW with APM for attacking game play, or BMW + BBM if i wanna pull a little more back. A DLM pulls back, and yes CM stays in the middle of the midfield. However, the CM have way more tackling then a BBM or APM and is rarely seen in the opposition box. Thats why i conclude the CM role to be a defensive minded. Again, not saying my formula is "right", im saying its a guideline to follow and it works for me no matter what team or what formation i want to setup.

Interesting that you say this. I would have said the same as Dec, but you seem to have your reasons for doing what you do. If you could provide some screenshots and/or videos explaining more in depth what you mean, I would really appreciate it.

Archived