[FM15] A Young Journeyman's Career

Masonheats

Hello guys my name is Mason, I have been following career threads for a few years now and decided to do one myself. I started my save as an unemployed manager. I applied at Hyde F.C. and received an interview for the job. You will have to be patient with me as I have already played some of the season and don't have my original emails to show the proof. I decided to take the job offer with an expected league finish of 12th. You will have to be understanding during the first season as I can only access the league table for what it is now, not back then. I plan on working myself up to the opportunity of big job offers.

Countries/Leagues

England: Vanarama North/South And Above

France: National And Above

Germany: Third Division And Above

Italy: Serie C And Above

Portugal: Second League And Above

Spain: Second Division B And Above

I am using a medium sized database.

Personal Information

HwaFPJN.png

Nationalities/Languages Spoken

LaZJSQN.png

Attributes

wblQtT7.png

Rt1bqWL.png?1

The Club

Full Name: Hyde Football Club

puVlKhQ.png

cLQyJX1.png

Nickname: The Tigers

Year Founded: 1919

Stadium: Ewen Fields (4,073 Capacity)

Key Players

GoalkeeperBilly O’Brien

DefenderLiam Chilvers

MidfielderManny Panther

WingerLouis Almond

ForwardReece Gray

Board Expectations

Vanarama Conference North: Mid-table Finish

FA Cup: Reach Fourth Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: Reach First Round

Budgets

Transfer: 0 dollars

Wages: 250,000 dollars

Transfers

v8j3VbD.png

Preseason Friendlies

HB9PnLe.png

2014/2015

MJj4mpT.png

3MDWZHD.png?1

HpTkXFL.png?1

U5IfDzu.png

Nhbvr4y.png

PRmtYvRl.png

With season 1 already being in the book for me I will just post an overview of what happened. In the future I will post frequent updates on how the season is going for my squad. This season the only team that provided me any competition was Harrogate. Early in the season they had a 7 point lead on me. I thought at this time that my only realistic chance of promotion would be via playoffs. However as the season progressed my team caught fire and was able to turn that deficient into a 5 point for myself. My lead stayed around this number throughout the season, I noticed that my squad was very streaky we would string together a run of games and then we would have some defeats in a row. What I noticed was that my team seemed destined to not settle for draws, we either would win the game or lose it usually. Reece Gray was a very streaky striker for us, at the beginning of the season he was on absolute fire winning us tons of games. As the year went on his effectiveness dawned, until the end of the season when he popped back up again. Gray finished with 30 league goals. Louis Almond was the anchor who held this team together, he had 23 goals with 13 assists. Manny Panther held the midfield down for the team, he finished with the highest average rating in the league at 7.64.

2015/2016

Key Players

GoalkeeperJordan Smith

DefenderLuke Waterfall

MidfielderManny Panther

WingerLouis Almond

ForwardReece Gray

Board Expectations

hdywUs9.png

Vanarama Conference: Stay Clear Of Relegation

FA Cup: Reach First Round

FA Trophy: Reach Second Round

Budgets

82UjuFt.png

Transfer: 34,000 dollars

Wages: 583,000 dollars

Transfers

f2oGv5H.png

Abdul Said

Abdul provides our side with much need depth in the midfield. Getting him on a non-contract saves the side flexibility.

Connor Johnson

Connor was signed as a future prospect, with no financial commitment required I find it worth taking a chance.

Dan Preston

I decided to spend 18k on Dan, he provides the side with an immediate upgrade at the second center back spot.

Eric Grimes

Eric was signed to provide a solid backup at goalkeeper this season, he has some future upside to offer as well.

Jordan Smith

Jordan was signed to be our starting goalkeeper this season with Billy O'Brien returning to man city after last season. I'm hoping that he will be able to provide consistent performances this season.

Joseph Moulden

Moulden was purely signed with the future in mind, with him being on a non-contract I figured it was certainly a good opportunity to take a chance for the future. If he grows like he has the potential to be could be a very important figure to the club in the future.

Lewis Probert

Probert was another youngster signed with the intentions of the future. He will provide some depth should a few injures pop up.

Luke O'Brien

Luke was signed to give us some cover at left back. I have a feeling we will be losing our second choice left back soon so he should come in handy this season.

Luke Waterfall

Luke Waterfall has an excellent signing for us, he will be the first choice center back this season. I was able to snag him on a free transfer for the club.

Matteo Capitani

Matteo will provide us cover at striker, he will be the second choice striker this season to give Reece Gray opportunities for rest as the season goes on.

Matty Hughes

Matty Hughes will be our first choice option at right winger this season. I was very happy to add him on a non-contract.

Tom Davies

Tom gives us third choice depth as well as a future star in the making. I was anxious to sign him up when I saw he was available for nothing.

Wayne Brooksby

Wayne will be fighting with Matty Hughes for the starting spot throughout the season out on the right wing. He will rovide excellent cover should Matty come down with an injury or underperform.

The Squad For The Season

4nOFrQq.png

Preseason Results

uK1fEcd.png

August 2015/2016

5cQ7qD6.png

The Braintree result was a disappointing one. We was barely favored heading into the match, they pegged us first making us play from behind, I must say I think we was the better team on the night but we had to settle for draw for our efforts. Against Bristol we was very lucky to get on the board first, Almond had a long goal hit off the crossbar and bounce off the goalkeeper resulting into an own goal. It ended up being a match that we dominated, having 56 percent of possession. I was proud of the lads against Alfreton, they dominated the match from the start. We ended up with a comfortable victory even though we had less time of possession. We was dominated from the start by Exeter, I wasn’t expecting much from this game so I wasn’t really disappointed with the result. We was lucky to get the full result against Southport, even though we dominated the whole match. We ended up having Said sent off for a second yellow in the 70th minute. A very disappointing result against Wrexham, we was 5 minutes away from securing a draw against one of the best teams in the league. This month has showed me that we may be able to mount a playoff challenge this season. We have already played three top teams this month so I’m happy overall with how the month has went.

w8ti0ju.png

September 2015/2016

jntpFcg.png

This month had plenty of up's and down's for us. We had some quality wins over a few good teams, as well as slouched to a draw and a lose against teams near the bottom of the table. Overall it was a pleasing month for us, it seems like I may be fighting for a playoff spot this year even though we are predicted to finish in 21st. I think an automatic promotion is out of the question this year with Wrexham playing as well as they are. It will take an absolute collapse to see us or anyone else catch up to them. This month featured many nervous games for me with us winning each one by only one goal. The loss to Whitehawk was particularly very disappointing with us dominating all the way up to the 75th minute and then collapsed and saw 3 goals put up on us. We are going to need more consistent performances from the squad this month if we are to continue the pace we are on, I particularly need to see more goals out of Reece Gray, he has been very quiet this season. I find that we seem to dominate the other team but have trouble converting that into goals!

9m46Ces.png

Some international management will do wonders for your reputation.

Just depends on whether you think it will be a distraction from Hyde though?

I'll probably take the offer, they're in the middle of the Caribbean tournament right now so it could be a quick boost.

Archived