Non-EU players signed prior to a new save - restrictions?

Hi!

I've just started a save with Roma. I know Serie A does not permit a club to sign more than 2 non-EU players each season. This made me wonder - since Roma has already signed Juan Iturbe (Argentinian) in the current transfer window at the start of the new save - if he is included in these restrictions? My point is, will this mean I only get to sign 1 non-EU player this transfer window if I want both my new (non-EU) signing and Iturbe eligible to play?

Thanks in advance!

Hehe, the only problem by trying is that I might have wasted my transfer money on player(s) I can't register. Does anyone else know if Sikker is correct? If not, I suppose I'll trust SI to be well aware of the rules :p

The weird thing is though, that at the end of the season, in the season summary, the summer signings that have been signed by the clubs prior to the start of a new save, cannot win the "Best Signing of the Year" award or whatever it is called.

Did what you suggested Sikker. Actually, the non-EU players signed by the club before the start of the game are not included! I also found out that Norway, which is not a member of the European Union, somehow "counts" as a EU member in the game. Good news for me, now I can sign Odegaard and still sign two more non-EU players :)

Appreciate your help Sikker :)

Archived