Preventing Goalkeepers from taking free kicks

How can I set my GK to NEVER take free kicks (that occur deep in my half)?

On numerous occasions my GK will punt the ball forward, it will get intercepted and then the opposing team will hoof the ball from their half into an empty net, while my GK is running back to his position.

My most recent example is my GK took a free kick, up by the halfway line, by the sideline!! Punted it forward, right to the opposition, and they scored on an empty net. It is absolutely infuriating.

Will setting the GK to distribute to defenders help? Not sure, as this is a Set Piece (so would different rules apply?). Regardless, in a general sense, I don't want him to kick it short - as for Goal Kicks, I'd prefer to hit them long.

Any advice would be appreciated.

How can I set my GK to NEVER take free kicks (that occur deep in my half)?

On numerous occasions my GK will punt the ball forward, it will get intercepted and then the opposing team will hoof the ball from their half into an empty net, while my GK is running back to his position.

My most recent example is my GK took a free kick, up by the halfway line, by the sideline!! Punted it forward, right to the opposition, and they scored on an empty net. It is absolutely infuriating.

Will setting the GK to distribute to defenders help? Not sure, as this is a Set Piece (so would different rules apply?). Regardless, in a general sense, I don't want him to kick it short - as for Goal Kicks, I'd prefer to hit them long.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Don't use him as a sweeper keeper...That way he should not leave his area...Create other players to take free kicks at the set pieces creator...Try to put the first one (as a taker of free kicks) one of your center backs and see if it changes his behavior...

Don't use him as a sweeper keeper...That way he should not leave his area...Create other players to take free kicks at the set pieces creator...Try to put the first one (as a taker of free kicks) one of your center backs and see if it changes his behavior...

Thanks, however he is not a sweeper keeper.

Free kick instructions are all set with various other players.

Thanks, however he is not a sweeper keeper.

Free kick instructions are all set with various other players.

Try to put a center back to take free kicks see how he behave...Try to change your tactic be more cautious less attacking with philosophy very rigid and mentality be to more defensive...

Team shape Highly structured

Mentality contain

Team Instructions 1) Prevent short GK distribution

2) Be more disciplined

3) Deeper defensive line

4) Stick to position

5) Don't use play out of defense

Check if his eccentricity attribute is not high...

Archived