Advice needed regarding pre and early season form (FM13)

I wondered if I could get some advice regarding pre and early season form because I've now noticed my team start fairly slowly and take a month or two to really get going and Im thinking I could do something better in pre season to get off on a better foot when the league kicks off. I am Lincoln in League 1 in my 4th season and I saw that last season in League 2, I was tipped to finish 21st and I started off slowly before I got going and eventually finished 2nd. Same thing is happening this season. I was rock bottom after 7 games. 10 games later, I'm up 11 places to 13th winning away to teams like Bolton, Doncaster and Walsall. What I am doing in pre season is knocking up match prep to 50% and setting it to tactics only and setting the training intensity to very high and going for either fitness or team cohesian. I might pick up 1 or 2 injuries, but nothing that rocks the boat. Anything I could do better?

Another thing I've noticed is that last season and this season, I'm getting better results away from home :lol:

Match fitness and tactic familiarity need to be maxed out as possible I guess. What do you think will help that? Good morale from a few wins in pre-season are a bonus.

I do 3 weeks fitness training alongside tactics pre match training. After 3 weeks I max out the tactics pre match training with the rest on 'team cohesion'.

I try for a friendly every 5-6 days against teams I'd expect to beat, rotate to ensure as many players as possible are as close to 100% match fitness as possible.

I do notice the tactic familiarity isn't maxed out before the first league game, its somewhere between 80-90% Im guessing and pre season schedules always start of with very weak opposition growing in quality. I'll try starting out with fitness training and playing pre season games a bit further apart as I think this COULD be where I suffer. Thanks for the tips! :thup:

Archived