How To Stop A Player Training In A New Position

Hello

I have several players that I am training into a new position however once I am satisfied with their level of competence in that position, how can I stop it? I want to reduce the players workload when training so stop training them in a new position.

I have tried to select the same position in train (hoping to untick the selection) but this doesn't work. I can't see it in any option on training, either.

If I go to individual training and select position it shows me each persons position training but they are greyed out so I can't select the box to see if there is a way to remove it.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Change it back to 'playing position' on the position tab in a players profile under the development tab. Assuming FM15.

So you go player profile > development tab > training > position tab

Or you can go training > individual and do it this way.

However if anything is greyed out then it either means the player is away from the club on loan or the assistant manager is in control of training. So you'd need to remove this and resume control yourself by going to Staff > responsibilities > training then add your managers name to the list instead of whoever is currently selected.

Also remember if you train a player a new position then remove him from the training, if you play him elsewhere he can lose some rating for it and you might have to re-train him again.

Change it back to 'playing position' on the position tab in a players profile under the development tab. Assuming FM15.

So you go player profile > development tab > training > position tab

Or you can go training > individual and do it this way.

However if anything is greyed out then it either means the player is away from the club on loan or the assistant manager is in control of training. So you'd need to remove this and resume control yourself by going to Staff > responsibilities > training then add your managers name to the list instead of whoever is currently selected.

Also remember if you train a player a new position then remove him from the training, if you play him elsewhere he can lose some rating for it and you might have to re-train him again.

Ah I was in the correct place but it was greyed out because I had my AM controlling individual player training. I made that myself and now I can change it - thanks

This is an issue that SI are looking into. (I made a post in the bugs forum and got an answer). It's a bit odd that if you let your assistant handle training, you can still select new position training for a player (via the development dropdown menu), but not being able to turn it off again. Ideally (it seems to me), you should either not be able to set position training if you have left training to your assistant, or you should, but then also be able to change it again.

Archived