Problem: in smaller countries, transfers are one-way

This is a long-term issue, noted in FM13, FM14 and FM15.

I see that Belarusian clubs sell a lot of players abroad, with transfer fees from $200k to $3M. But they almost never buy players from abroad, and if they do, it's usually for $100k-200k.

I checked, top clubs have >$5M transfer budgets, but it doesn't help.

I tried to use editor to increase several clubs' transfer budgets, nothing changes.

This is in the situation when Belarusian leagues are set to "playable", but clubs are getting weaker every year because of this drain. I suspect this is not specific to Belarus but happens with most smaller countries.

Interestingly, Belarusian clubs sell players usually to top leagues in "middle" countries: Israel, Belgium, Romania, Austria..

My guesses about reasons:

1. Low clubs' reputation, so players don't accept. (Not true for humans - when I played for BATE I had incoming transfers for $3M no problem)

2. Not enough scout knowledge, so they can't find whom to sign. (Not true for humans - when I played for BATE board allowed me to sign 7 scouts and send them anywhere)

3. ??

As a side matter, default youth rating for Belarus is abhorrent (62), so regens appear with PA of 60-80, which doesn't help. (Database players in top Belarusian leagues often have PA from 120 to 160).

I would appreciate your ideas. It would be great to get to the bottom of this and fix this problem.

I think this is an accurate reflection of real life. In the UK Scottish clubs are increasingly losing both their experienced and young undeveloped players to England. Good foreign players don't tend to come because (a) the quality of football is low and (b) the salaries are low (you changed transfer fees but not salaries).

Is there any real life examples of big incoming transfers?

The money question is always hidden, but both BATE and Dinamo Minsk have transfers from abroad IRL all the time, but almost zero in FM.

BATE's biggest incoming transfers were Mateja Kezman, Alexander Hleb, Sergey Krivets, Nemanja Tubic, Filip Mladenovic, Egor Filipenko.

Dinamo Minsk incoming transfers were Bangura, Nenad Adamovic, Nemanja Nikolic, Diomande, Dja Djedje, Udodji.

Shakhter had Kotenko, Mikollunas, Wojciechowski.

Gomel got Bressan.

etc. etc.

Archived