Bipolar managers

When is there going to be a fix to the situation where a manager praises you, but you click on their profile and it says they have a "fairly poor opinion of you", yet a anger who slates you in the press (and you do likewise) "feels the two of you can become friends". Been like this for the last couple of FMs now and it's just strange

I don't think there's much wrong with that, having a good relationship doesn't mean someone couldn't lash out in the heat of a moment or try a mind game or two. Mourinho got along really well with Sir Alex Ferguson for example but that didn't stop either of them trying to get an advantage over each other in the media.

What I would like to see though is real life manager personalities being reflected in their FM demeanor. Seeing Steve Bruce come out with all sorts of bitter outbursts and mind game bickering can almost be immersion breaking seeing as he's the least offensive person you could meet in football management or anywhere for that matter. It could be reflected better.

I think it shows excellent creativity and insight from Sports interactive to introduce managers with mental health problems into the game. Bi Poplar disorder is something that affects 2.6% of the population so therefore its introduction into Football Manager is necessary to truly emulate real life. 2-3 of every 100 managers therefore should suffer with the condition and it just displays to me again just how in depth this fantastic game is and credit must go to SI for this.

I see not conflict there, it makes sense to me tbh..

Also, there is only so much you can do to reflect real life personalities .. the second you press continue for the first time is when all comparisons with real life potentially end tbh.

And you know, the whole lawsuit stuff where you'd have Maradona-esque managers doing crazy things in game and calling it slander etc..

Archived