Problem with contracts and squad building

Playing as Wrexham, Vanarama Conference. I inherited a massive squad, an absolutely ridiculous 50 players in total in my senior, U21 and U18. I then lost at least 1 or 2 players in the first 6 games, including ALL my CBs. So I had to rush through 4 loans, none of which can be cancelled...I wasn't in a position to haggle!! So now I've got 54 players, 5 of those on loan. I'm paying £19,735 pw, my budget is £18,109 including a £585 youth grant.

Now many of my players are reaching the end of their contracts, including most of my higher paid players. I can barely offer the wages of a youth player, let alone a key first team striker, so I'm potentially going to lose most of my 1st team. So, my question is how do I sort this? My U21 and U18 aren't doing great, and most are unlikely to make it into my squad, even if my coaches call them 'potentially decent', so do I chuck all my youth and U21s onto the rubbish heap, despite some having an albeit small transfer value? Even that won't give me the saving I require.... is there some other trick I'm missing? Basically I'm saying 'I need to drastically reduce my wage budget, but how??' I've already knocked around £500 a week off my staff wages.

Thanks...

Archived