EPL Challenge 2007 (The Ultimate Premiership Experience)

steve-watford.jpg

A New Season Afoot

Well it’s this time of year again. I can happily announce that Watford are back in the dizzying heights of the Premiership! However, we finished comfortably second, rather than the top I was aiming for, with Blackburn’s excellent start and our poor finish to the season giving them the title deservedly.

Marlon King was the player of the season, followed closely by the likes of Villaluz, Jimenez and the ever-solid Al Bangura. However, some serious, serious investment would be needed for us to stay up this time around.

As a result, when Liverpool came in for Jimenez, he wanted to talk to them, I needed the cash, and we ended up selling him for £8m, a profit of £6.2m. This gave us roughly £13m to spend for the season icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif

I started out by making a move for Arsenal youngster, Nicklas Bendtner. But, in a strangely déjà vu situation, that **** Pagi icon_mad.gif stole in again and nabbed another f***er on a season’s loan. Bastard. icon_frown.gif So, I was forced to branch out. I have brought in three strikers and a midfielder so far, with further potential signings in the form of a keeper, centre-back and midfielder all possibly on the way.

We also have a new Assistant Manager here at Vicarage Road – I can’t remember his name, he’s a bit foreign icon_wink.gif but he was signed from AEK Athens.. I think.

Players In:

<LI>Lasse Qvist - £1.3m from FC København. Lasse is an exciting and pacy 21-year-old forward, with huge potential. He will bolster our front line, with the likes of David Clarkson and Branamir Kostadinov not yet ready for real Premiership action.

<LI>Ezequiel Lavezzi - £4.6m from Man City – thanks Goat! At 23, he has some very good stats on him and would have gone straight into the side and partnered Marlon King up front, had he not injured his hip, ruling him out for 3 months, in his first week here. icon_frown.gif

<LI>Jimmy Roye - £2.5m from Juventus. Signing Jimmy had the fans rather worried that Jimmy is again a very pacy striker, in the Qvist mould, but at 19 has more years ahead of him to develop further.

<LI>Denílson – Season-long Loan from Arsenal. We welcome Dennis back to our ranks for another year, after that notorious player-thiever icon_wink.gif Pagi struck again last year. Denilson will help bolster the centre of our midfield, and I’m hoping he can spark up the wonderful partnership he had going with Bangura when he was here last.

Players Out:

<LI>Darius Henderson - £750,000 to Hull

<LI>Luis Jimenez - £8,000,000 + 40% sell-on to Liverpool

<LI>Richard Lee, Matthew Spring, Alex Campana, Clarke Carlisle, Gavin Mahon and Marvin McCoy all left us on free transfers. They were all crap icon_razz.gif , not that most of the squad isn't anyway icon_frown.gif ...

Pre-Season Results

Mutilvera 1-4 Watford

Sause 0-1 Watford

Logroñés C.F. 0-3 Watford

Kettering Town 0-4 Watford

Watford 3-0 Recreativo

Marlon King and Denilson were the stand-out performers in our pre-season campaign, sharing the MoM awards between them.

Youngsters

We have received an average bunch of ASBO-receiving hoodlums to make up the numbers this year. They all look like they’d be fight right in, in a boxing ring, pub, or on a park bench, rather than on a football pitch. Oh well. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Last year’s gem, Niall Hamilton, is progressing amazingly well, however. He is a bit on the sloth-like side to be honest – he needs a rocket up his arse, actually – but he is a technically gifted young player and I believe he can do seriously well when he’s older. That is, of course, if he manages to remove said rocket. icon_smile.gif

Thoughts

On signing Lavezzi, I was seriously happy. I was thinking, with the cash the club had, I could bring in some really good players to bolster the squad and to give us a fighting chance of survival. And he did look extremely good; that was, until he fell over and buggered his hip over. Still, there has been some good improvements over the summer in players, and as a whole we are a lot stronger now than we were in our last Premiership campaign, with not too many differences in the squad.

I would say, however, that I need another keeper and centre-back to add to the squad, as we are very thin on the ground there. Two years ago, we were out of the relegation zone until the last 6 weeks or so, when players got a bit tired and injuries were a serious issue. If I can get a big enough squad together, I am confident we can steer well clear of the dogfight at the bottom of the table, and surprise a few people along the way.

West Ham first up, should be a very interesting game, to see whether the lads can continue last seasons good form into this; until next time, ‘mon the lads! icon14.gif

steve-watford.jpg

oooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Right, a quick roundup. A keeper was required, and we didn’t hang about in bringing Man City’s out of favour Artur Kotenko in on loan for an initial five months. I missed out on a centre-back as cover for Shittu and DeMerit due to a lack of a work permit being granted, which was a shame. I also decided against bringing in another midfielder, as I felt the squad is as large as it needs to be right now. If things go pear-shaped, I still have £4m to spend in January – hopefully it won’t come to this icon_smile.gif.

Matches

Saturday 16th August 2008, 1500

West Ham 3

Ashton 26, 84, 90+2

Watford 3

Clarkson 22

Hleb 54, 60

*Chambers sent off 89

An enthralling match at Upton Park saw West Ham come from behind twice to steal an unlikely point from the underdogs. I was pretty ****ed off with the way the home side’s all out attack left our defence looking shambolic, but a point is still better than none.

Wednesday 20th August 2008, 1930

Watford 2

King 56

Vargas pen. 64

Newcastle 1

Ameobi 26

Newcastle were under the cosh from the start, and against the run of play took the lead with their first effort on goal. Typical Watford luck, it seemed, with memories of our last Premiership campaign already beginning to haunt us. However, an inspirational half time talk saw the lads come out with their shooting boots on, with Marlon slipping home and then Vargas tucking a penalty into the corner after Denilson was felled in the area by Davies. Our victory should’ve been by a greater margin, as we had much the better use of the ball, but are happy to take three points icon14.gif

Saturday 23rd August 2008, 1500

Blackburn 1

Esposito 25

Watford 0

A poor, poor performance gave Blackburn a good win, and they will be left wondering how they didn’t score more against us. It’s beginning to look, from a very early point in the season, like our away form will be the main problem.

Saturday 6th September 2008, 1500

Watford 1

Vargas 16

Portsmouth 2

Rasiak pen. 26

Cole 84

How we lost this match against rookie Swede mananger icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif Alex Fröst I will never know icon_confused.gif . We came out of the blocks firing on all cylinders, hitting the post and bar, as well as having several one-on-one opportunities, in the first quarter of an hour. Vargas opened the scoring before Denilson was adjudged to foul in the area, harshly, and Pompey were on level terms with their only effort on goal so far, from the spot. It was the same story second half, except for the goals. However, Carlton Cole was a mile offside when put through with a ball over the top and I have no idea how none of the officials saw this. I gave the FA a bollocksing after the match, and they would have stood with their tails between their legs, had they have had any legs to stand on! icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif ARGH!

Lasse Qvist made his debut today and is worth of a mention, he caused Pompey all sorts of trouble but just couldn’t get the ball past the keeper, which was a shame. He looks a good signing already.

Saturday 13th September 2008, 1500

Charlton 0

*Young sent off 51

Watford 1

Villaluz 8

We welcomed Cesar Villaluz back to the squad today, and he was on fire from the word ‘go’. No wonder he is being linked with every half-decent club under the sun; he ran Charlton ragged and bagged the winner with a good early finish when through on goal after some sleepy defending. Luke Young helped us see the match out by grabbing hold of everyone’s shirt and getting himself sent off for two yellows, more of the same please! icon_smile.gif

Thoughts

So we sit in a healthy 10th place in the table, have had a nice scalp with two wins and a draw, but lost to what were the easiest games of our opening five, on paper at least. Early indications show Bangura and Denilson love playing alongside each other, and tnd to dominate the centre of the park. Villaluz looks as perky as ever, and is priceless to this club really. In goal, Ben Foster is showing why we parted with £3m for him, and new signing Lasse Qvist seems to be settling in well partnering Marlon up front.

Some of the younger lads are impressing, too. Jose Luis Silva is looking extremely handy, as well as lethal from long range, and utility forward Oswaldo Chaurant, who finally got a work permit, has already helped by filling in for Villaluz at the Olympics and for Vargas when he picked up a knock.

All in all I’m pretty happy; we haven’t been tonked yet, and did Ben’s Newcastle over, something I’ve not done to one of Mr. Jackson’s teams in quite a long time. Maybe if he wasn’t running an illegal immigration racket involving 17-year-old Bulgarians and Romanians, he would do better on the pitch? icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

Guest Chapster1

A very good thread here. I really wish i had the time to join you guys. I work shifts so I cannot commit myself to set times. But I will endeavour to keep an eye on this little thread and keep up to date. I really fancy testing my skills at a higher level.

I have an on-line with a couple of mates, but they are pisch!!! Really they are very poor. Never started in the EPL before, Always start in League 2 or Scotland. Best acheivements so far are taking Hartlepool United into Championship play offs within four seasons.(took me seven to get them in EPL, Only lasted two seasons though ha ha.)

Anyway good luck to everyone.

Hey people, Me and a mate have been wanting to join a online FM game for a while now and it looks like we've come to the right place. We're up for a challene and this looks to be it. We are available at all the times needed and wonder if we could join in. Someone message me asap as we would like to start as soon as...

Relicule

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Relicule:

Hey people, Me and a mate have been wanting to join a online FM game for a while now and it looks like we've come to the right place. We're up for a challene and this looks to be it. We are available at all the times needed and wonder if we could join in. Someone message me asap as we would like to start as soon as...

Relicule </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the first post, go to our forums and apply in there, please... you might want to make more of an effort though icon_wink.gif

I did go to the forums :p signed up and tried logging in...but everytime i go to log in it freezes and just shows my a white screen thats why i replied on here icon_biggrin.gif

alex-pompey.jpg

First season

Since this is my first season at EPL and in Pompey,ppls doesnt expect mutch from me. But I expect mutch of my team. I havent got a very good team. And it will be a challenge to get them to the uefa cup. That's my goal of the season.

Well I knew that I had to get some good players. During my pre-season I looked at the time and saw that I needed 1-2 good strikers, A good new Goalkeeper and maybe some defenders.

I scouted some players I thought looked intresting.

Players In :

<LI> Marcos Da silva - buyed him for 40k. Looks like a decent player. Not to good stats but still my scouts think he will be a very good attacking midfielder.

<LI> Joe O'cearuill - Very intresting player that I will have an eye on.. I hope he will do great in the reserve team

<LI> Carlton Cole - What can i say? A world class striker. He is young and have very good stats.. think he can win the "most goal in PL" this year.

<LI> Artur Boruc - I had to get a new goalkeeper and I took Boruc. I think he can be one of the best goalkeepers in the world. My fans didnt like the signing but I am very happy that I got this player.

<LI> Michael Svensson - A backup player for the defenders. He have been unlucky with injures and so on. But I think he will be great when he get's he's chances icon_smile.gif

<LI> Stefan Batan - A very good talent from sweden. He have everything to be a decent midfielder. I have fate on this player.

<LI> Scott McCombre - A player I don't know to mutch about. But I talked with my scouts and he will be a good striker in the future. I got him very cheep. Only 16 k icon_smile.gif

<LI> Grzegorz Rasiak - Well he haven't been to good in southampton. But with Carlton Cole I think they can create many goals this season. He wasn's my first choice but still a good one

<LI> Libor sionko - 31 year old attacking midfielder with many matches and goals behind he's back. Got him from rangers for free. He haven't got many minutes there. But in Pompey he is more then welcome.

Thoughts :

Well I am very happy that I got Carlton Cole and Artur Boruc icon_smile.gif 2 good players that I have fate in.

My other signings arent't bad. I hope they all will make result's. Like I said before my goals for this season is to get a Uefa Cup spot. Will be hard but whit my squad atm, it isnt impossible.

I couldnt get a better challenge. My first game is against Liverpool. Will be fun to see what my team can icon_smile.gif

Matches

Pourtsmouth 0

Liverpool 2

Craig Bellamy (43)

Florent sinama pongolle (66)

Mark gonzález injured (90)

Well the result wasnt fair. I created alot of goal chances but just couldn't score.

Liverpool needed 4 chances to do 2 goals. Liverpool is always Liverpool and I knew this would be a very hard game.

Poursmouth 0

Aston villa 0

Aston villa dominated the match from the start to the end. But my goalkeeper and my defenders did a very very good job. Aston villa created chances after chances but they just couldnt score. Wasn't a fair result but hey thats football.

Pourtsmouth 1

Carlton Cole (48)

Fulham 3

Collins John (14) (55) (82)

Carlton Cole and Boruc did they debut on this match.

Cole scored, Boruc had 4 shots on goal 3 went past him. So it was a really **** match from Boruc.. Like the first game against liverpool. I created mutch but couldnt score

Pourtsmouth 2

Grzegorz Rasiak (pen 26)

Carlton Cole (48)

Watford 1

Juan Manuel vargas (16)

This game was all about my goalkeeper and a offside goal. Watford hit the bar many times. And got an early goal. My player rasiak was turned down infront of the goal by denilson and we go a penalty. First chance in the match. Rasiak scored and it was 1-1. Watford went all out in attack and created chances after chances. I it wasnt because of my goalkeeper they could won with 9-1. But in a counter attack that resulted with a goal by carlton cole( he was a mile offside tho) I could get our first 3 points. I hope steve didnt mind icon_wink.gif

Pourtsmouth 2

Grzegorz Rasiak (24)

Carlton Cole(32)

Derby 0

A easy game. At least on the paper. I created many chances and the result was fair. My 2 strikers did a goal each and I was really happy about the result icon_smile.gif

Toughts:

We are now 11 in PL with 2 win, 1 draw and 2 losses. I am very happy icon_smile.gif and my new players are great

Next match is against Bristol City in the carling cup. Think I will rest some of my players to the ipswich game icon_smile.gif

In every match I have created many chances but can't score. The last 2 I made 4 goals and are happy with that.

My new strikers Rasiak and Cole is on fire and have made all 4 goals icon_smile.gif Boruc have been great since the fulham game. Batan,svensson and the rest have been great also icon_smile.gif

I hope we will reach the uefa cup spot icon_smile.gif

over and out / Alexander Fröst

Well my english isnt to good. I am from Sweden u know icon_wink.gif so sry about that. Cheers !

dave-fulhamcopy.jpg

Fulham Part Company With Allen

After being with the club for 2 years Fulham FC had decided that it was time for Dave Allen to leave. Mr. Allen never really achieved much with Fulham and many feel that this was one of the reasons that the board decided to get rid of him. Mr. Allen had also been absent from the Cottage for a long period of time and the club was left to Doug Livermore who couldn’t keep Fulham away from a relegation battle and this blame was put on Dave Allen’s shoulders rather than anyone else’s.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Mr. Allen. Some think that he will just be able to get another job but the majority think that his career is over after he never really had success at a club that could have become great.

As for Fulham they are rumoured with many big names to fill the vacant position but the favourite seems to be past manager Chris Coleman who has been working his magic back in his home country of Swansea, Wales. Mr. Allen wishes Fulham the best for the future and hopes they go onto better things.

steve-watford.jpg

Rough Patch? Can’t Complain, anyway…

On we’ve been plodding in the league, and with some success. We’ve had some excellent results, but are, overall, finding it hard to close out matches.

Wednesday 17th September 2008, 1930

League Cup 2nd Round

Norwich 2

McVeigh 16

Jarvis 81

Watford 3

Clarkson 3

Vargas pen. 60

Villaluz 76

Saturday 20th September 2008, 1500

Watford 0

Arsenal 2

van Persie 47

Adebayor 90+1

Saturday 27th September 2008, 1500

Manchester City 3

Araujo 31

Foggia 40

Jo 64

*Cardenas injured 12

Watford 0

*Shittu injured 27

*Bangura sent off 45+1

*Chambers injured 45+4

Wednesday 1st October 2008, 1945

Watford 3

King 17, pen. 67

Villaluz 47

*Foster injured 83

Liverpool 1

Kuyt 2

icon_biggrin.gif

Saturday 18th October 2008, 1500

Watford 2

Qvist 48

Clarkson 81

*Denilson injured 69

Fulham 0

Wednesday 29th October 2008, 1930

Aston Villa 1

Baros 10

Watford 0

Saturday 1st November 2008, 1500

Derby 1

Stead 24

Watford 0

Saturday 15th November 2008, 1500

Middlesbrough 2

Johnson 11

Bouazza 90+1

Watford 1

Qvist 53

Wednesday 19th November 2008, 1930

Watford 1

Qvist 18

*DeMerit m/pen. 45+2

Ipswich 0

Saturday 22nd November 2008, 1500

Watford 2

King 41

Qvist 54

Tottenham 2

Malbranque 59

Kranjcar 90+1

Tuesday 25th November 2008, 1945

Manchester United 1

Szetela o.g. 58

Watford 1

King 68

Saturday 29th November 2008, 1500

Watford 1

Qvist 52

Everton 1

Crouch 45+2

Saturday 6th December 2008, 1500

Birmingham City 1

Jerome 29

Watford 1

Qvist 7

Thoughts

After 18 or so games we find ourselves in 10th place in the league on 21 points icon_eek.gif . This seems quite nice like that, but we are only five points off of the relegation places.

After a slow start to life at the Road, Lasse Qvist has found his shooting boots and is looking very good up front. Ezequiel Lavezzi has recovered from injury, but is currently in need of some fitness; he hasn’t been particularly inspiring so far, having had a couple of substitute appearances, and not looking very dangerous.

We’ve ridden our luck in places, and need to start closing matches out. Four draws on the trot icon_mad.gif is better than four losses, but we still should have won three of these four games, if not all four. icon_frown.gif Matches such as the ones against Derby, Everton, Ipswich and Birmingham are quite simply infuriating icon_mad.gif for a manager , as these matches are heavily one-sided but yet the team still fail to get the right result... icon13.gif

My aim for now is to consolidate our position in the table, and to keep on fighting as we have been. I might look to strengthen our defence in January, to help with the goal difference, and hopefully when you hear from me next I will be the bearer of good news. icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif

icon14.gif

m_Home_office_logo.jpg

Immigration Welcomed In Newcastle

The footballing world is up in arms with the controversial setting up of a British Home Office Immigration office at Newcastle United's football ground, St Jame's Park.

Already several players from Eastern Europe and South America have arrived at the club with them immediately being sent on a 3 year holiday to Belgium. This has been seen as cheap and just a publicity stunt by the British government and the Newcastle board.

Despite the uproar, Newcastle's managerial genius Ben Jackson has defended the policy and says that this will reap rewards with the unearthing of potential stars whilst helping to broaden and help the diversity of Britain.

• 2 weeks later...

steve-watford.jpg

Season Review, Season Preview, Update

It is with great pleasure that I can announce to you, that Watford have avoided relegation against the odds, and by some distance. A difficult run-in threatened to shatter our dreams, but instead Pagi was extremely kind in volunteering his ‘Boro side into the Championship icon_smile.gificon_razz.gif. We finished the season in 15th place, a full 9 points off of the relegation zone, and were given somewhere in the region of £4m for that finish.

Al Bangura was our most solid player over the course of the season, and he fully deserved his title as Fans Player of the Year. Lyon came in with a bid totalling £18.5m over 24 months, with a 50% sell-on clause, but this was rejected out of hand. Lasse Qvist showed what a bargain he was last season in top scoring for us with 20 goals, and contracts for Shittu, King, Villaluz and company were all tied up, to give the club a further boost going into the new season.

With a transfer budget of over £10m, I was looking to strengthen the defence amongst other areas of the squad for the season ahead. We received an excellent boost, as Kirill Pavlyuchek finally gained a work permit, and will move straight into the squad at left back.

Players In:

<LI>Kurtulus Serdar – D RC, WB R - £2.2m from Besiktas. Serdar will be our starting right back from here on out, with McMahon moving to centre-half to cover injuries. At 22 years of age, this lad looks very good and as though he can become one of the best full backs in the league.

<LI>Andre Schmiedel – DM - £600k from FC Basel. Andre is an extremely promising looking 16 year old Swiss centre mid, and my scouts were adamant we should sign him at any cost.

<LI>Fabrizio Battisti – ST - £600k from Calgiari. Fabrizi is another up-and-coming player; he looks excellent already and again was recommended as an excellent lad for the future by my scouts.

<LI>Jan Durica – DC - £725k from Saturn. Jan is an experienced Slovakian International, and will help bolster our defence when he arrives in December at the end of his current contract. He is a solid all-round performer, and will hopefully be a really good addition to the squad as we push for a higher league finish.

Players Out:

<LI>James Chambers - £900k to Millwall. With the arrival of Serdar, and limited midfield opportunities due to the continued excellent performances from Villaluz, I decided to let James leave the club for what I saw as an appropriate price.

<LI>Theo Robinson, Artem Fedetskyi and Damien Francis all left on free transfers.

Loans Out:

<LI>Nikita Andreev has gone to Bocholt for his third and final season, to get his EU nationality.

<LI>Lewis Young has moved to Kidderminster on loan for 5 months.

<LI>Rene Steer has joined Grays Athletic for 3 months.

Injuries have been extremely unfortunate for us so far in the new season. Jose Luis Silva was attracting some serious interest from the worlds top clubs, and was set to be a key player for us this season, until he broke a leg in training and was ruled out for 6 months. Danny Shittu is currently out for up to 6 weeks and Pavlyuchek, having had an excellent start to his playing days here, was ruled out for 3 months in the match against Blackburn at Ewood Park. We will miss Bangura, out for a month with a twisted knee, Lavezzi for a month with a thigh strain and Branamir Kosstadinov for 2 months with strained knee ligaments.

Having said that we have had a pretty good start to the season so far, lying in 7th place with 10 points from 6 games.

-Newcastle 2-1 Watford

-Crystal Palace 1-2 Watford

-Watford 2-1 West Ham

-Watford 0-0 Stoke

-Blackburn 3-0 Watford

-Watford 3-1 Birmingham City

We went out of the League Cup in the Second round, at home to Millwall. Morale was low, but I am still disappointed that we failed to convert any of the chances we made.

Our next four games could make or break our season, as we play Chelsea away, Man City at home, Liverpool away and then Spurs at home. With any luck we can pull off a few surprises, and really push for a top ten finish this season. Having said that, we have had a horrible affiliation with bad luck, so I’m taking nothing for granted.

It feels good to watch Pagi struggle in the Championship from our own dizzying height, even though his squad is ridiculously superior to any other in the league icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif. It is also nice to see our *cough* esteemed *cough* “coach†at Newcastle go through a bit of a rough patch… ‘forty mil of tranfers down the drain, singing forty mil of transfers down the drain!’ icon_razz.gif. In other news, Sam and his Aston Villa players have acquired a new fetish, and that is to being whipped. I meant on the pitch – what did you think I meant, you sickos?!?! icon_razz.gif Smithy made a rather absurd choice of becoming the new Ipswich Town manager (everything OK up there mate?! icon_confused.gif ) but looks like he should keep them up icon14.gif. Other than that, I can't really fault Mo or Goat.. oh, Goat likes those hot South American men far too much I guess, but hey - each to their own icon_redface.gificon_eek.gif ! And now I have to come up with something about Mo... errrr... his 'low memory' quit rate is now even worse than mine. HA! icon_razz.gif

Anyway. Yeah. Mon the Watford, outsinging just about every other set of fans in the Premiership! icon_smile.gif

ben-ipswich.jpg

Sixteen games into the season and Ben Smith has a tough job of keeping Ipswich Town in the Premier League.

Smith, 27, who has been out of football since being sacked from Bolton Wanderers, felt it was time to get back into management and had no hesitation in accepting the job at Portman Road after successful talks with the board of directors.

"The Ipswich job intrigued me as soon as it became available. They play good football, try and keep the ball on the ground and have passionate fans who like their football"

The season so far for Smith has been a struggle. Merely 3 wins from 16 matches has meant that Ipswich are firmly entrenched in the relegation zone, currently five points adrift from safety.

Results have picked up in recent wins with a 1-0 victory against Watford being followed up by an impressive 2-0 victory away at bottom of the table Portsmouth.

The stop-start season endured by explosive England Under 21 striker Danny Haynes has been a big blow to The Trotters. Haynes has only played eight games this season, yet is the clubs top scorer with five goals.

It's easy to see where the problem lies at Ipswich. Scoring Goals.

"We brought Crespo in during the summer to add a bit of experience to the team and to be fair, although Hernan has settled in well, we just need him to be scoring a bit more.(2/11)"

One of the plus points during the season has been the form of midfielder Owen Garvan

The 21 year old Irish international has earned rave reviews for his performances in the top flight at the centre of the midfield.

FIXTURES

Manchester United (a) 0-2

Everton (h) 2-3

Arsenal (a) 1-2

West Ham (a) 1-4

Crystal Palace (h) 3-1

Stoke City (a) 1-2

Newcastle United (h) 0-1

Blackburn Rovers (h) 0-2

Birmingham (a) 0-2

Chelsea (h) 0-1

Man City (a) 2-2

Tottenham (a) 1-3

Watford (h) 1-0

Portsmouth (a) 2-0

Bolton (h) 0-0

Reading (h) 1-3

Top Scorers

Haynes 4, Rhodes 3, Crespo 1, Scholes 1, Franks 1, Bouazza 1, Bowditch 1, Mulgrew 1

Total Transfer Spend - £1.800,000

Schwarzer £500K

Patterson £475K

Bouazza £300K

Stalteri £325K

Crespo £150K

Scholes £50K

Orelaja £40K

Bottom of Table as of 5th December 2009

(table is team name followed by games played and points)

20. PORTSMOUTH 17 8

19. IPSWICH 16 11

18. ASTON VILLA 15 14

17. FULHAM 16 16

16. STOKE 17 17

Take a look at the thread a bit later on during the season to see if Ipswich Town survived the Premiership season!!

• 1 month later...

epl07-6.jpg

I know people probably think we've been inactive for a while due to the lack of updates but we're still running but decided to take a break from updates for a bit.

We're looking for a couple of new players as our numbers have decreased a little bit so if anyone's interested, send a application telling us a bit about yourself and why you'd be a good addition to our clan and you might end up joining the best FM clan around icon_razz.gif.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by STFC will rule again:

Sorry about the site being down, in the process of building a new site and so the webspace is no longer being used at the moment.

Use the e-mail on my profile if you guys want to apply and I'll get back to you icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never trust a Jackson imo...:p

Great News Ligs icon_biggrin.gif

Archived