rancer890's FM08 Small club from an Asian Country adventure challenge

bah!! lost in the final of the confederations cup... still cant quite believe we got there actually.. enjoyed the experience, and the extra finances!!

from being over £100k in the red, our bank balance is now £250k.. just goes to show how important continental competitons are to smaller clubs!!

here's hoping i can qualify for this years (or i have already)

league-wise going pretty steady, although im 5 points behind the leaders already, so got some work to do.. should be a bit easier now the distraction of the c/c is out of the way....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, another good season, more progress on the domestic front, managed to finish 2nd in the league this time, hampered by a slow-ish start, and too many draws really. just seemed to be some games where we couldnt buy a goal, and others where we couldnt miss, including an 8-1 win, and a 9-0, although the latter was in the league cup. we scored a ridiculous amount of goals in the league really, should have finished top i think. have to work on keeping them out more, or spreading them out between games...

in the cup competitions, we won the senior shield, got to the semis of the league cup, and the semis of the FA cup.

again managed to qualify from the group stage of the confederations cup, so looking forward to the latter stages later on in the year.

its great how much this confederations cup competition boosts my finances, made a profit of just inder half a million this year again, and i reckon i should have qualified for next year's competition as well.

league table

looking very good all round this season so far... 2-1 up after the first leg of the confed. cup final, top opf the league, on 22 match unbeaten run, carried over from last season, played 7, won 6... still scoring for fun as well... bank balance is now £694k, helped along nicely by the cup successes and the extra tv revenue and boosted attendances. squad is maturing nicely, some players are loving the league and in red hot form...

finances

Zhang

Pook

theyre probably my best two players over the last season and a bit, Zhang scored something daft like 22 goals last season...

cant emphasise enough how much the continental adventure has helped. someof theplayers have improved massively since that started, and theres also the financial aspect, and the fact its massively helped the attendances, averaging well over 1000 now...

ill let the screenie do the talking

still ground-sharing at the minute, 2000 capacity,still not getting anywhere near filling it for the league games though...

and with a bit of luck, domination will happen!!!

tryin to get the club to turn professional atm, not working so far though half the squad dont want to give up their day jobs...

halfway through league season now, and top by 6pts, after beating Dongguan, who are 2nd, for only the third time ever since i took over... unbelieveable. we've got such a poor record against them its silly...

played 25.. ive won 3, drawn 6, lost 16. scored 29 conceded 56... lol

First person in my challenge to be mentioned of getting a statue. Congratz :p

Not sure if the other teams would like a statue of you though, you are ground sharing after all. They might need to move the statue when (if at all) you get enough money to build your own stadium. :D

lol i didnt even see that bit about the statue, cheers for that!!!

not sure how it would work with the ground share and all. not sure how theyll go about things if i ask them to expand the stadium.. who foots the bill?? all of us that use the ground?

gotta laugh, my dc is almost top scorer this term, 9 in 16 lol

errr... help!!! got premiership clubs bidding for my star cb now... lol

ok, wtf is going on here?! i cant find any clashing fixtures anywhere!! most of the players that are inelligible played in my first two games in the competition, so i have no idea wtf.... :confused: :confused:

edit: just looked again.. and its not most of my starting line up.. it IS my starting line up!!!

ok, wtf is going on here?! i cant find any clashing fixtures anywhere!! most of the players that are inelligible played in my first two games in the competition, so i have no idea wtf.... :confused: :confused:

edit: just looked again.. and its not most of my starting line up.. it IS my starting line up!!!

That's weird...you registered everyone on time though right? Go to the bugs forum I guess...

there is no registration for it, it was the senior's cup semi-final!! somehow managed to cruise through it with a combination of youth, back-ups, greys and my left back playing up front!!!

lol never mind, ive found why... they all played in the hong kong-canton cup... i discounted that as a reason because none of them are of those nationalities... didnt think it was just players from those leagues...

what a season!!! we're unbeatable at the minute, winning everything! (almost!!) :D :D

league cup > winners

senior shield > winners

confederation cup > winners

league > winners final table

fa cup > winners (our first ever final)

manager home screen

unbeaten run of 31 games in the league > lost the last game of the bloody season, to my nemesis, Dongguan. *mutters* :mad: :mad:

got some kind of revenge though, knocked them out of the fa cup in the quarters. scored 4 in ten minutes, and ran out comfortable 5-0 winners...

squad average age: 21!!

finances approaching £1m, everythings looking very promising atm...

edit: but somehow, after doing all that, i'm no longer on the clubs favoured personnel list?

started the next season as we played most of the last > scoring for fun, and winning everything, played 6, won 6 so far, and top by 6 points,scored 25 conceded 3! all going well!! off for a few hours sleep now, gotta be up n fresh for the grand prix in, err, 5 hours?! oh dear....

started the next season as we played most of the last > scoring for fun, and winning everything, played 6, won 6 so far, and top by 6 points,scored 25 conceded 3! all going well!! off for a few hours sleep now, gotta be up n fresh for the grand prix in, err, 5 hours?! oh dear....

hehe, gotta stay up at 12:30am local to watch the grand prix :p

Good work rinso.:thup:

Season 4: Rizhiquan(2011)

Media Prediction: 11th

Finishing Position: 6th

FA Cup: Lost in 2nd Round (defeated Dalian, lost to Liaoning)

League

Bad start as usual. We were 14th midway through the season, and then I switched to a 4-3-1-2 and we started getting better.:)

League Highlights

• defeated CSL team Dalian (and on the road!:eek:)

League Lowlights

• opening game (7-1 lost to Wuhan)
  • last place in the reserves lol

Transfers/Squad

Transfers

Squad

We actually spent some money this year. Cong Chong was solid until he got injured and didn't regain his early season form. Signed a couple players from parent club Guangzhou after they were released while on loan at the club. Most of my freebies are youth rejects from CSL clubs.

Key Player

Zhang Yuan

Another solid season. Not as good as last year, but still very solid.

Key Youngsters

Liu Lijia

Contributed with 3 goals. Didn't play as key a role as last year though. Will look to get more out of Lijia next season.

Finances

Finances

Getting a profit, which I like.:)

Club Information

Club Information

Awards

None.

Looking at the Future

• improve finances
  • compete for a playoff spot (now that we can play on the road)

Season        Team          League          Finished
2008          Rizhiquan     Jia League          11th
2009          Rizhiquan     Jia League           8th
2010          Rizhiquan     Jia League           9th
2011          Rizhiquan     Jia League           6th

good season , least you're showing improvements, and more importantly, making a profit!! there's an incredible amount of draws there though, scope for it to either go very right, or very wrong next season!!

made it for the grand prix.. just.. theyre just lining up for the start!!!

not liking this... got most of the squad away on international duty, playing Dongguan... and.. already played 'em and won 3-1, then pc crashed! so i lost the result. so, i gave up and went back to bed!! tryign again now, and im expecting to lose...

edit: managed to win 3-1 again! lol making sure the damn thing gets saved now!

and just gone through registering my aquad for the group stages of the Asian Champions League!!!

good season , least you're showing improvements, and more importantly, making a profit!! there's an incredible amount of draws there though, scope for it to either go very right, or very wrong next season!!

made it for the grand prix.. just.. theyre just lining up for the start!!!

Yeah, we had an awful habit of getting a lot of draws. The away draws I didn't mind, it was all those home draws... :(

not liking this... got most of the squad away on international duty, playing Dongguan... and.. already played 'em and won 3-1, then pc crashed! so i lost the result. so, i gave up and went back to bed!! tryign again now, and im expecting to lose...

edit: managed to win 3-1 again! lol making sure the damn thing gets saved now!

and just gone through registering my aquad for the group stages of the Asian Champions League!!!

Congratulations! Hope you can make an impact.:D

thats another season done, and domestic dominance once again!

league > won with 3 games to spare. final league table

seniors cup > winners

league cup > winners

fa cup > winners

acl > group stage. cl group

acquitted ourselves very very well in our continental adventure, only defeats in the last two games, both on the road, cost us qualification from our group. clearly not quite strong enough yet to compete with the bigger teams on that stage.

set quite a few records as well this season, been very pleased with the team as a whole, apart from the one and only domestic defeat to Dongguan, we were a class apart.

targets now have to be:

• strengthen team more, if possible, to compete better in ACL.
  • continute to dominate domestically
  • get finances to continue improving, hopefully to get new stadium, and bigger attendances. still not averaging 1000 yet domestically.
  • hang onto best players > premiership clubs sniffing around my star gk, both dc's and my cm, so have to try and make sure i keep them, possibly stick some good size release clauses in their contracts, least that way, if they do go, i get some good money for them.
  • turn professional > most of playing staff, bar two or three, are now on full-time contracts, only my staff arent!!
  • beat Dongguan consistently! theyre the only team thats caused us anything like a problem this season, and have really been a thorn in my side since i took over at HKFC.

looks like im going to lose Zhang, my cm... Celtic bid £250k + friendly, i have negotiated up to £500k + friendly, but he's unhappy about me rejecting the bid. have offered him a new contract with a £750k release clause, and accepted Celtic's improved offer, so i best get searching for a new player. Shame really, he's been immense for me over the past couple of seasons...

111 games, 43 goals, 42 assists... got my 500k + friendly though.. just a matter of replacing him now...

and my d/c,Naylor... got him onto a new contratc with a m/fee of £1m, but SPurs have matched it, so he's gone too..

on the plus side, the chairman has now decided to turn us professional, so that should help attract a few better players i hope, and certainly help my current bunch (well, those that are left anyways) improve... also, thanks to these m/fee release clauses i've stuck in, we're now the joint richest club in Hong Kong!

edit: i was speculating when i said i thought turning pro would attract some more players to my club.. but good grief... there must be at least 3x the amount of players interested in signing on the "player search screen"

Congratulations on turning pro rinso :thup:

What are your finances anyways?

Sad to hear about the loses of Zhang and Taylor. I'm fighting off offers from CSL clubs for Yuan and my other key players...

On the bright side, my club reputation is high enough that I'm offering contracts to decent CSL players, which means they are very good Jia League players.:)

surely they should arrange it, its part fo the transfer deal?! that and im a lazy bugger!! we drew 1-1 with spurs when we played them, so i was lookin forward to the challenge! and theyve rejected it!! swines!

club finances

sounds like you should be pushing for promotion pretty soon then, if youre signing players from the higher league...

surely they should arrange it, its part fo the transfer deal?! that and im a lazy bugger!! we drew 1-1 with spurs when we played them, so i was lookin forward to the challenge! and theyve rejected it!! swines!

club finances

sounds like you should be pushing for promotion pretty soon then, if youre signing players from the higher league...

lol I'm a long way off. Only US$650k in the bank so far.

And btw, I could sign 2 players from CSL clubs, one who couldn't find a place in the first team (or the reserves for that matter...) and one from my parent club Guangzhou who I signed immediately when the transfer window opened.

I'm aiming for a top-5 finish this year.

ah... well its a start anyways. is it just a straight 2up 2 down system, or are there play-offs in China?

No playoffs in China.:)

Good thing my ass man arranged 3 home friendlies against CSL teams. 1000 came against Changsha, 2000 against parent club Guangzhou, and the third one hasn't been played yet.:p

Promotion odds. The bookies are always so nice to me.:D

thats not bad at all.... some of the odds in my league are laughable really... for the last 2 seasons, i've been 4-6 to win the title... lol

some good attendances there as well, i can only get 2000 in this piddly little stadium, but we dont have enough money to expand yet, i keep asking!! got them to upgrade facilities and youth setup though.. least thtas something...

lol i know the feeling... first couple of seasons with HKFC i was getting even less than that!! my average at the minute is a bit skewed, as it seems to still be counting the games from the ACL...

edit: its a bit of a weird set up actually, season running from sept - april, but the acl from march - nov... takes some getting used to! halfway through a season before you start continental competition...

lol oh dear... out for revenge, or just making sure that doesnt happen again?!

doing great in the league so far this season, the loss of those two players hasnt really affected those who stayed... brought in a young Hong Kong CB,m who was rated as a "definite purchase" several times by my scouts, and he's performed really well so far, especially as he's only 17!

new defender

just beaten Eastern Athletic Club in the league, to take us to 18 straight league victories!! lol

oh my god... i almost fell out me chair then... fc midtjylland (spelling?!) just offered me a p.ex deal for my right back, including this player now, i realise theres no guarantee he'll be interested in moving to my club.. but can you imagine if he did, with stats like that?!

oh my god... i almost fell out me chair then... fc midtjylland (spelling?!) just offered me a p.ex deal for my right back, including this player now, i realise theres no guarantee he'll be interested in moving to my club.. but can you imagine if he did, with stats like that?!

lol he's look REALLY good.:D

Maybe check his interest through Player Interaction.

i just accepted the transfer.. lol he wasnt interested though, so no go!! ah well... not that i need him atm, still happily tearing up all domestic opposition, although ive lost my first match in the cl groups this season...

won every game so far domestically, including the cups up to now, and just got into league cup final...

i just accepted the transfer.. lol he wasnt interested though, so no go!! ah well... not that i need him atm, still happily tearing up all domestic opposition, although ive lost my first match in the cl groups this season...

lol I wasn't too surprised. Tbh, moving to HK from Denmark isn't the greatest of moves :p (my parents lived there irl lol)

Good luck in the Champions League. Finances should go nowhere but up :)

lol yeah i cant say i blame him really, although it was a nice thought while it lasted. he'd have torn the league apart!!

cheers,i think im gonna need it, got a tough league group this time in the cl, more difficult that last seasons i think, so we'll se how it goes.

and there's my first domestic defeat of the season. no prizes for guessing who to... and in the league cup final as well... not impressed. we had 3x the amount of shots on goal they did, and just couldnt score!! not happy at all...

lol still having troubles there then i take it!?

edit: calmed down slightly now, as we've won the league again, 4 games to spare this time! nt dropped a point so far.. and i hope thats not giving it the kiss of death...

and i cant vote in the "player of the year" awards, as all the nominees play for my club!! lol lookie!!

Archived