Strange contracts and transfers

Has anyone noticed transfer bids being rejected and and then the club almost immediately selling the player for much less to a different club. I can understand the original bidder having the same bid accepted later if the player gets unsettled, but a different club with a lower offer makes little sense. Also, in my first season with Manchester United, Rooney wanted to leave, and as happy as I was to sell him for 30mil, it's a little annoying that he signed a contract with Chelsea only 140k per week and similar bonuses. That really shouldn't happen especially considering what a so and so he is...

Well, these things depend on rivalries, media expectations etc. For instance, I haven't been able to pry away any players from Arsenal or Liverpool as Chelsea, yet they were more than happy to sell to other teams around Europe. One transfer that had me a bit baffled, though, was when Manchester City bought Sterling from Liverpool for a paltry £28m while I couldn't get a bid of £40m in cold hard cash accepted. That one was especially frustrating as Sterling had been a target of mine since the day I started the save.

I get that, and that really makes sense, but the latest example that set off my post was chelsea offering more than 22million for Volland and having that rejected, and then the next week accepting an offer of 16million from Dortmund who are far more of a rival. That doesn't make sense. And the Rooney situation kind of seems like a bug...

Chelsea and Arsenal always seem to come in for my Man Utd players......I've sold Chelsea Evans and Nani with Arsenal taking

Smalling and Young while also attempted to sign Van Persie who was transfer listed only for him to reject their contract offer

I get that, and that really makes sense, but the latest example that set off my post was chelsea offering more than 22million for Volland and having that rejected, and then the next week accepting an offer of 16million from Dortmund who are far more of a rival. That doesn't make sense. And the Rooney situation kind of seems like a bug...

The problem is a lack of memory in the game. Basically, the game doesn't remember that they rejected 22 million, so a week later the 16 million is acceptable (probably because the player became unsettled), there is no mechanism to go back and re-offer for 22 million.

Similar with players and contracts, they don't remember what they have been previously offered, so purely go on what is acceptable that instant.

While it can work both ways (human can benefit if timed right), generally AI teams don't bid if they don't think they can get the player, so the player doesn't become unsettled by AI teams. This means that human managers notice the problem more when they unsettle a player who later goes to an AI team.

Archived