Scouting confuses the hell out of me. Some questions!

Hi, I seem to be doing terribly with scouting. I have 18 of the best scouts at Man United but if I open a random team like Bayern there players with no star rating from the scout.

I am scouting the top nations and the top competitions but there is a certain confusion and too many gaps for my liking.

1) Why are top players at top clubs unscouted? How on earth is Cristiano Ronaldo unscouted (no stars) even though I am scouting that part of Europe (Spain, as a nation) and La Liga?

2) If I have a scout from Italy and he has knowledge in Italy, and my chief scout assigns him to go roaming in South America (he auto-picks scouts when you add assignments), does that mean I am missing out on players in Brazil?

3) Is it better to scout La Liga or Spain, both? none?

4) if all my scouts are on assignments, and any new assignments I add get stuck at "preparing", how do my scouts manage to scout a player for 1,2 or even 3 months without getting stuck on preparing?

5) What is the best way to setup the scouting for 18 scouts at a club like Man United so I can replicate real life knowledge as best I could?

It just seems very bad that a club like Man United doesn't have knowledge on top players.

Screenshots for my scouting knowledge:

1- World http://i.imgur.com/VQfffO3.png

2- Coutnries http://i.imgur.com/yrViaBC.png

scouting is confusing the hell out of me also this version when it comes to scouts knowledge. I've tried a few top clubs in the English championship and it would seem that most of their scouts knowledge is severely restricted to pretty much the English championship and not much else! hell, MY KNOWLEDGE OF PLAYERS IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN SOME OF MY SCOUTS and they are getting paid a few hundred pounds a week!

scouting is confusing the hell out of me also this version when it comes to scouts knowledge. I've tried a few top clubs in the English championship and it would seem that most of their scouts knowledge is severely restricted to pretty much the English championship and not much else! hell, MY KNOWLEDGE OF PLAYERS IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN SOME OF MY SCOUTS and they are getting paid a few hundred pounds a week!

That's probably why... They suck so bad they can't command a higher wage :)

On 4), you can start out by assigning a scout a nation and a competition, but if his nation search finishes, I don't think he'll move on to the next queued nation because of his competition assignment. So now I just have each scout rotating between 4 nations, with no competition assignments at all.

You will only get a scout report once hes scouted!!... maybe players on high rep would show a more detailed run down of attributes.

With the championship knowledge, im guessing its filtering unrealistic players.... lower than champ players not good enough and prem will have too high rep/wages

Archived