Advanced Editor Questions Thread

JAYMEETEE

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any kind of place where all of the different functions of the Advanced Rules portion of the Data Editor are explained? I found a Wikia page, but it appears to be about four years old now and thus out of date.

Is there any kind of place where all of the different functions of the Advanced Rules portion of the Data Editor are explained? I found a Wikia page, but it appears to be about four years old now and thus out of date.

there isnt we have asked for a guide it has been ignored by SI

groupmatch_zps327b92ab.png

Corridos is right - it's for creating a fixture schedule for group stages and leagues where you want teams to play the teams outside of their group in a certain way.

I use it in my USA World Class MLS file to get MLS East and West conferences to play each other.

You can probably ignore the helpful wizard that pops up when you click on it because all it does is basically add these rules into the "Match Plan Rules" box in "Group Settings" of your competition. I'll break them down and explain what these specific rules are doing.

I have 2 groups - East and West. East = 0 and West = 1. (that's just the order I put them in). I want teams to play every club in their group twice and every club in the other group twice. It doesn't matter what order they do it in (and this feature doesn't control what order the games are in, it just randomly generates the matches after you program which teams/groups to draw it from the same way if you made a basic league schedule.

The components (the boxes) of this rule are the following: The first group to schedule fixtures for, the second group to schedule games against, the number of teams you are scheduling matches against, and how many rounds to create. I have 10 teams in each group and want 2 rounds.

1) So the first rule I made here creates the East vs. West matches. I set 0 (for east) then 1 (to schedule games against west). The game should schedule games against 10 teams, for 2 rounds.

*You only need to do this once to create the matches between the 2 groups. No need to create a 2nd rule and reverse 0 and 1.

Next, this is where you schedule the matches against the GROUP's OWN TEAMS.

2) This rule is for the Eastern group. I set 0 for east, and I want to to schedule fixtures against east group teams - so 0 again - and since a club cannot play against itself, I set 9 teams to schedule against. Then 2 rounds.

3) I do the same for the west group, replacing "group 0" with 1.

It's kind of hard to explain but you get the idea.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I've been having trouble locating the database file to load.

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated. Quick heads up, I have a mac.

welcome to forums

when you open the editor it automatically opend the default DB

you then search the various categories

I've got something similar to this, but I have a strange thing happening: When playing a team in my "East" group, my board wants me to win the "West" slot in the playoffs. I've setup the playoffs & cup as a separate competition and everything seems to flow just fine, I get proper seeds, winners, everything...just this crazy expectation from the board that I can't complete. Have you seen anything like this? Any ideas?

Archived