Youth team - setting who gets picked for matches

How am I able to set-up the youth team, to ensure that the youth players with the highest potential are being played?

The tactics screen is blacked out and I am not able to allocate players to positions. I (believe so, anyway) that I tried all of the options under staff responsibilities. Maybe I just missed something?

I do not want to bother with Individual training, match training, etc - I just want to make sure that my 4/5-star potential players are being played in the U18/20 games. Currently they are not. I remember in FM14, I was able to go to the tactics screen and select who plays where - but it's all greyed out!

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks!

I cannot recall how to get to it at the moment, but you can take control of the Under 18's and Under 21's matches. However, if you want them to play but having someone else be in charge, then I only have one solution that comes to mind.

At the moment, I have about 25 players on my books (that's including the Under 21's and Under 18's). Any one who is 21-y-o or younger (who don't already start for me/sit on the bench) are made available for the Under-21's team, but they stay with my senior squad.

Anyway, because I have so little players and probably only around 6/7 of them are 'under 21's, they always to get play as the rest of the Under-21 squad is made up of greyed out players.

Archived