A question on tactics, and some other thoughts

So I've finally bought FM15 having got bored with FM14 quite some time ago. My first question is on tactics. I've created three different tactics for my team, (the mighty Spurs). In FM14, when playing a game, I could change my tactics to one of my other created tactics, however, unless I'm doing something wrong, in FM15, when I try to change my tactics mid-game, the only options I get are the game's tactics, not my created ones. This is a real pain, as I virtually have to recreate my already created tactics during a game. Is this how the game is, or am I doing something wrong?

Half time team talks are still as bland as ever. Is there no way to make team talks relevant to the game you are actually playing? For example, I've played 45 mins, had 20 shots at goal, only 1 on target, all the possession and it's 0-0. It would be nice to have the option to say to the team at half time, "Calm down in front of goal lads and we are bound to score" or something similar. Not being a computer expert it may be that it's too difficult to programme but it would be nice to see more relevant team talks.

As in FM14, interaction with players is generally to be avoided, as more often than not, given your options, you'll end up having a very disgruntled player. This really needs looking at.

I'm only into October of my first season, but so far, sadly, I'm not seeing too much in FM15 to keep me playing, but I shall persevere for a while yet.

I'm not quite sure what you're doing wrong with tactics, you can select your pre-made ones in the same way you always have been able to. No need to re-make them on a game-by-game basis :/

On team-talks I think they do a good enough job IMO, although things like having too many shots requires a tactical change from you not a teamtalk option. You can't tell your team to take less shots if your tactic is set-up in order to increase shooting opportunities, they'd conflict. You can already tell your team to keep playing the way they are and they are likely to win. I think the options already in the game are good enough.

If you are saying what you think I am saying it's a big that I have reported but it is still under review by all accounts. I assume that you mean that during the week your tactics are available in the dropdown tactic menu, so you can basically click on each. When the match starts the tactics don't appear in the dropdown and the only way that you can access them is through the archive,. I put a thread in the bugs forum, SI acknowledged it as a bug but as yet no cure by the looks of it.

If you are saying what you think I am saying it's a big that I have reported but it is still under review by all accounts. I assume that you mean that during the week your tactics are available in the dropdown tactic menu, so you can basically click on each. When the match starts the tactics don't appear in the dropdown and the only way that you can access them is through the archive,. I put a thread in the bugs forum, SI acknowledged it as a bug but as yet no cure by the looks of it.

You've got it in one. At least it's not my incompetence.

Archived