Advanced Rules advice, alternating between teams starting cup round. Please help!

The Good Rebel

Ok so the title is a little hard to grasp I'm sure, but basically I am trying to create the Muratti Vase competition for my Channel Islands database, in this competition Alderney play Jersey or Guernsey in the semi final in alternating years. So one year Alderney will host Guernsey, the next year they will host Jersey with the winner playing the other in the final. In the editor I have managed to get Alderney to start in the semi final every year, but I can't seem tow work out how to get the game to alternate between Jersey and Guernsey every year as Alderney's opponents. Any help would be much appreciated if this is at all possible?

You want to use Advanced rules, obviously. You want to make 2 competition entries. They should be identical, just change the seeding of one of the teams to be above or below the other and change one of them to have a "Year" of 2001 instead of 2000

So you would create your league, you only need one. But you can create 2 rule sets for that one league, one with Jersey having a seeding of 0, and a "Year" of 2001, with a "Year Interval" of 2, and another one with Guersey with a seeding of 0, and a "Year" of 2000, and a "Year Interval" of 2

you can just duplicate the entry after you have it set up to save time

Been fiddling around with this for a few days now and really can't get it to work, I'm pretty sure you're right that this is the correct way to set it up, but I can't even get the rules verified as it stands, the game keeps telling me I have the wrong number of teams in cup round 0. I've set it up like this though, in the overall qualified teams tab I have the following:

Get Specific Team, Alderney. (No team index)

Get Specific Team, Jersey. (Team Index 0)

Get Specific Team, Guernsey. (Team Index 1)

The under the first stages teams tab I have:

Get Specific Team, Alderney.

Get Lowest Qualified Teams, 1.

But I can't even get past the verification stage. Might give up as I don't think I'm experienced enough with the advanced editor to sort this out!

Why dont you just get the specific team for the stage?

You can set up the competition twice, like I said

Qualify all 3 teams for the competition, for stage 0 get specific team Alderney, get specific team Jersey. Stage one get qualified teams from stage 0, get specific team Guersney

then for the second competition which has the year offset, stage 0 get Alderney and Guersney, stage 1 get qualified team from stage 0 get specific team Jersey

Yeah set it up twice but was fiddling around with seedings rather than just specific teams! I'll give this a whirl, seems like it will be on the money. Thanks again. Ever since the official advanced editor has been released I've failed miserable at it, after having some success before it was supported!

Archived