Squad statuses greyed out

I have just started a new save, and some players were transfer listed at the start of the game.

I have unlisted a couple of these players, but some of the squad statuses are greyed out. I can only select key player, first team or not needed - rotation and backup are not available.

Is this a problem anyone else has encountered?

I've taken a screen capture to highlight this. As mentioned this is the case with all players that were transfer listed at the start of the game. The same options are greyed out even if I remove the player from the transfer list:

2z6gm0m.png

The ones that are greyed out your board won't allow you to sign.

At lower levels this means players are either first teamers or not needed, you can't afford to keep any other types of players.

This could be it, thanks. Some players are already set to backup but it's still greyed out, which is strange. It means some players are already set to backup but I can't make anyone rotation or backup that isn't already.

If I offload some players do you think it'll allow me to set other squad statuses?

Its possible but at the level you are playing at teams don't tend to have backup players.

True. The problem I have is that a few players set to not needed are young players with good potential. As none of them are unhappy at the moment I guess I'll just leave things as they are!

Archived