Post game feedback

So I have recived the feedback "lack of steel in the midfield" "snatched at chances" "lack of forward runs from the midfield" quite frequently during the season. Usually all in the same game. What do these refer to? I had an APM designated midfielder playing with an attacking team mentality. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

• SI Staff

Hi,

From those three pieces of feedback, it would imply that you're midfielders aren't making enough tackles to win the ball back off the opposition ( so you may want to play a ball-winning midfielder in there if you don't already). Snatching at chances means that your strikers aren't converting enough of their shots into goals and lack of forward runs from midfield implies that your midfielders aren't having chances of their own in the final third. That's probably because your APM is more interested in laying on chances for the forward(s) than having a go himself - which isn't a bad thing as long as you're still creating chances.

Sort of sounds like conflicting feedback, but depending on the formation you play you may need to make one midfielder more defensive and the other more offensive. Of course, if you're still winning games you can take the feedback with a pinch of salt. Hope some of that helps. ;)

Much appreciated, thanks for the timely response. This is the area of the game (making adjustments to my team based on post game feedback) in which I still struggle to make sense of. I started the first half of the season in top form and second place in vanarama south. Now I've lost 7 of the last 8 games... things have to change lol.

Archived