Local Council Blocks Planning Permission

I asked the board to build a new stadium in order for the club to progress, to which they agreed however it was blocked by the council.

Has anyone else seen this and is there any prospect of this changing later in the game?

Also, is it significant that my current stadium has room for expansion?

I asked the board to build a new stadium in order for the club to progress, to which they agreed however it was blocked by the council.

Has anyone else seen this and is there any prospect of this changing later in the game?

Also, is it significant that my current stadium has room for expansion?

*nothing to see here, move along*

It can change later in the game. A couple of versions ago I got council approval for an expansion on the third try.

Are you sure?

I thought when the council blocked permission it was a sign the stadium has reached its maximum expansion and the next step was a new stadium.

Are you sure?

I thought when the council blocked permission it was a sign the stadium has reached its maximum expansion and the next step was a new stadium.

Hmm, could be you are right. I did get it changed once I am sure (but I am also kind of old and don't remember things as well as I used to) :)

EDIT: Bah never mind, it was getting a new one that I had blocked a couple of times.

I've had council block permission and then my board do an expansion instead. I'm certain of this, it has happened twice with the same save. The stadium is fairly new and has room for expansion but apparently the board wanted to build a monster stadium.

Archived