Wonderkid salary demands

Hi,

Not really Pogba-like wonder kids, but I made offers to clubs for players like Savitskiy (PA178 in my save), Bilal Ould-Chikh (PA 174), Humam Tariq (PA:180) and a couple others like that who are 16-17, and managed to get them fairly cheap (from 350 K transfer fee for Tariq to 2 million for someone else). Anyway, when my offer was accepted, the agents of these kids suddenly demand salaries they can't dream of in the current clubs, and those salaries require me to adjust their status from hot prospect to rotation, and sometimes not even that but first team.

How do you get around that? I had to change staff responsibilities so the I was the one negotiating with youngsters instead of the general manager but they're asking too much.

I'm managing a reputable club (Bayern). This is my initial season (a few days with the club).

well normally these youngsters are at their boyhood clubs, so they're going to want less (try signing someone that supports your club, and they'll accept 30-40% less than if they didn't)

also, at 17, they'll be most likely moving away from their parents, so they'll want some money to cover the rent/mortgage etc (untested, but may want less if they're moving to the same city)

I got all those players and nobody has high demands. I have to keep renewing Tariq's contract due to his agent putting a low release clause in his contract. This forces me to make his contract salary higher. Right now in 2017 his contract is 4-5mil yearly.

Pavitskiy and oild-chick still around 1mil or less until 2018 or 2019. I always use the contract extension clause in all wonderkid contract.

Its most likely your reputation. If they are wonderkids at their current club and then a team with the stature of Bayern Munich come knocking on the door for their signature. Then they're going to start believing that they are indeed the real deal and that they should be paid high wages.

Try to negotiate them down with high appearance fees, Wages rising to x after y amount of games clauses and so forth.

It's not just wonderkids. I got promoted to the Premiership and wanted to add some English players to my squad because of the restrictions. Tom Cleverly was available on a free. He started off negotiations demanding 115k a week! I instantly walked away, but then Swansea offered him a contract and signed him on only 42k a week! I know players might want to demand a bit more from a newly promoted club instead of an established club in that division, but over 60k a week difference? Come on!!

Archived