Name this type of striker for me please!

Het2

Ok,

So in my 433 wide formation I want my central main striker to be big, strong and physical. I want himt o hold the ball up, do little lay offs to supporting CMs and just use his strength to be a menace. While also getting in the box for headers/goals etc.

I imagine like Pelle does for Southampton in the EPL. I have tried TMs but that fails miserably. CFs has worked well,as I am winning the Championship however the main striker is not as involved as I hoped. I have briefly tried the CFa and DLFa. Just does anyone have a clear role this forward should be? I need a new star striker for this role and I have targeted TM or can play CF.

The wide play is 1 Winger support and 1 inside forward attack if that helps

Thanks in advance!

You might need to add a few more details. Do you want him to drop deep for the ball, or hold his position?

Also, unless you have midfielders who are running off him, a Target man won't work as well, especially if you are hitting early crosses to him from one side (as you are with the supporting winger, as he won't have anyone running off him onto the flick on's etc.

Tactics section would be a good help for this.

Archived