Scouting Tips?

Anyone able to give me any tips on how to set up a good scouting network? The leagues I have loaded are: Scotland, England, Germany, Italy and Spain with large database.

I have 7 scouts so where should I be sending them? I'd be looking for about 3 of them to look for first team players and 4 looking for hot prospects.

Should add that I can only scout Europe, Scandinavia and UK

for hot prospects I usually scout under 18 leagues + regions with current ability minimum 2 star and potential ability at least 3 star so my scouts will only come back with decent/good prospects.

Of course be conscious of how good + the rep of your club

Depends where you are;

For a team in England I do this;

Hot Prospect with a focus in:

UK and Ireland,

South Europe,

Scandinavia,

Eastern Europe,

Central Europe,

South America.

You can't sign kids from Brazil due to the age rules, you can't sign outside of those areas without getting tangled up in work-permit issues, so those areas will ensure you have a net of viable youth talent. It doesn't matter if you can't sign them, you just want to find them. If the AI trains them up well enough and decides to cash in on them, having some knowledge of these players will allow you to make the judgement call on whether to sign them or not.

The rest of the scouting network is a nation by nation basis and competition scouting. Oh and individual 1/2 monthly reports of transfer targets.

it's helpful to get a wide range of nationalities in terms of scouts. by hiring scouts with different nationalities my global scouting knowledge went from around 20% to 56% without even doing anything, giving you more players in your search to scout.

Archived