Body Language

Who thought this one up and what is it's relevance?

Looking professional - he's got a lovely new pair of yellow boots, and his shorts are very nicely pressed, and no socks round the ankles.

Looking complacent - he's sat by the corner flag smoking his pipe with his carpet slippers on.

Looking aggressive - he's got gritted teeth and he's wearing boxing gloves.

Looking disinterested - he's leaning up against the perimeter fence chatting up a most attractive lady supporter.

Joking apart, it really is an unnecessary distraction. I tried to buy into the idea when a player was looking complacent so I hurled a touchline shout to him to show some passion. Absolutely no effect whatsoever. But he still came off the park with a 7.5 rating.

There are times when less is more, so can we get rid of it please.

I find it very useful.

Maybe not so useful if you look at it one player at a time, but it's works as a general view on what's going on with the players. Essentially it's a feedback which informs you of their true state, often in reaction to form or team talks, whereas the colored reactions in the team talks often give a wrongful impression. That is not to say that a nervous or complacent striker is unable to put the ball in the net, but a team filled with complacent players is a sign that things might take a turn for the worse shortly, while a team full of nervous and frustrated players might loose their temper and struggle to convert chances. Both cases indicates you should change things around.

It's information that is up you to interpret. You can hide it, but I think you'll do better if you don't. One piece of information I find mostly useless is the player performances widget. Almost all the time it says the player is 'having an okay game', 'having a good game' or 'playing poorly' or similar phrases. Wow, how insightful. Occasionally it'll say 'Looking aggressive'. That's the only time it's somewhat useful.

It's information that is up you to interpret. You can hide it, but I think you'll do better if you don't. One piece of information I find mostly useless is the player performances widget. Almost all the time it says the player is 'having an okay game', 'having a good game' or 'playing poorly' or similar phrases. Wow, how insightful. Occasionally it'll say 'Looking aggressive'. That's the only time it's somewhat useful.

If I see something indicating a player may get a card, then I'll give direct orders to ease off tackles. If a player is injured, its also useful to determine if the wind is knocked out of them or an injury.

Who thought this one up and what is it's relevance?

Looking professional - he's got a lovely new pair of yellow boots, and his shorts are very nicely pressed, and no socks round the ankles.

Looking complacent - he's sat by the corner flag smoking his pipe with his carpet slippers on.

Looking aggressive - he's got gritted teeth and he's wearing boxing gloves.

Looking disinterested - he's leaning up against the perimeter fence chatting up a most attractive lady supporter.

Joking apart, it really is an unnecessary distraction. I tried to buy into the idea when a player was looking complacent so I hurled a touchline shout to him to show some passion. Absolutely no effect whatsoever. But he still came off the park with a 7.5 rating.

There are times when less is more, so can we get rid of it please.

body language is extremely important. complacency destroys seasons, if one of your players is underperforming after a great start of season, this confirms where the problem is. I try to solve it with shouts, but most of the times I end up selling the player, since his mental stats don't fit a winning team.

Also pay attention to defenders' body language. if a defender of yours is nervous or relaxed, you're winning by one goal and the match is in the final 30 minutes, you know who's the one who's probbly gonna make the silly mistake which will allow the other team to get a draw. so either shout at him or sub him.

For me it is a very important indicator when doing subs. I look at condition, rating, and body language. Uninterested is hauled off asap unless in a pre-season friendly. Complacent gets a team talk or is hauled off. Nervous - depends. If were playing well and its a young player I keep him. If were losing and I can put in someone more experienced or composed I do that.

Opposing players. Nervous gets targeted because they will make mistakes. Aggressive or ill-disciplined will also get targets to force yellow cards.

It's a very useful tool to have. Take advantage of nervous and complacent opposition players by going more attacking, and be careful when defending that 1-0 lead when you're defensive mid is looking nervous.

Educate yourself on how to use the feature before deciding it's worthless :)

Archived