Injuries - why so many?

Bought the game a week ago. What is happening to my players? Rediculous amount of injuries. Game is unplayable.

I think the key thing here is that you've just bought the game. I'd hazard a guess you're close to the start of your first season too. Most of this year's injury complaints have come from people who have not long started a new game for the first time.

Injuries haven't changed in this game per se, but how you manage your squad has got a lot tighter. Poor squad management will lead to injuries, particularly at the beginning of a season, as the players match fitness isn't usually up to full whack. You really do have to keep a close eye on it this year, whereas in previous games, a players match fitness was much less of an issue.

I think the key thing here is that you've just bought the game. I'd hazard a guess you're close to the start of your first season too. Most of this year's injury complaints have come from people who have not long started a new game for the first time.

Injuries haven't changed in this game per se, but how you manage your squad has got a lot tighter. Poor squad management will lead to injuries, particularly at the beginning of a season, as the players match fitness isn't usually up to full whack. You really do have to keep a close eye on it this year, whereas in previous games, a players match fitness was much less of an issue.

Well, maybe that should have been included in the "features list" for FM-15: "Almost guaranteed 2-month sidelining of your star players before the regular season starts!"...and "Moustaches!"

On lower-level teams that can't hire a capable fitness coach or physio, there's no point in attempting to play an enjoyable save (unless you dump all your available coaching points into Fitness, which pretty much renders your manager useless in every other category.)

I'm not trying to be snide (okay, a little...), but this year's edition is currently not the least bit enjoyable to play (and I've tried to enjoy it for 60+ hours before going back to '14.)

just for SI; a host of my players were called up for international games, i withdrew them all and two played and one is out for 3 months...just a tad annoying

Yep, players never get injured on international duty in real life. This is clearly put in the game by SI to make the game more difficult.

Yep, players never get injured on international duty in real life. This is clearly put in the game by SI to make the game more difficult.

I withdrew the players prior to the game, however the game went ahead and played them when they shouldn't have played at all.

Archived