Signing Messi Straightaway is it feasible?

It is like that because he has too many traits ( like he doesn't want to play in England or Italy or every country in the world but Spain and Argentina ).

Which is unrealistic because this game should be a whole new simulation from the first moment you press continue so i don't see how in some saves Messi wouldn't become unhappy and move away from Barca, it is unlikely IRL yes but still possible. This has bugged me in all FM games they are so predictable with transfers or player development it should be way more random like it is IRL.

It is like that because he has too many traits ( like he doesn't want to play in England or Italy or every country in the world but Spain and Argentina ).

Which is unrealistic because this game should be a whole new simulation from the first moment you press continue so i don't see how in some saves Messi wouldn't become unhappy and move away from Barca, it is unlikely IRL yes but still possible. This has bugged me in all FM games they are so predictable with transfers or player development it should be way more random like it is IRL.

How will you separate the best players from the normal players then.

How will you separate the best players from the normal players then.

I am talking about the younger players who have fixed PA there should be way more young players with variable PA at top level. Also there should be late bloomers as well.

I am talking about the younger players who have fixed PA there should be way more young players with variable PA at top level. Also there should be late bloomers as well.

So go into the editor prior to game start and give all youths a random reputation then.

Managed to buy him in the third season.

Tapping him up by 'Declaring interest' (whenever it's available) will be shrugged off and eventually makes him dislike you (harder to negotiate contract).

But that also causes speculation, that will link him to your club in the news/media.

Has the preference of 'wanting to play abroad' but also 'don't want to play in England' etc..

If transfer is accepted, avoid the talk/persuade option (he cant be persuaded) and offer a contract instead.

When negotiating with his agent - it maybe worthwhile to gamble and offer the maximum agent fee, then lock it.

Because in the second round, he may demand a locked fee you cannot afford.

That will cancel the deal.

I think signing both would improve your finances, no? With merchandise sales and advertising going through the roof.

Would they really tho?

This has come up in real life over the past few weeks and to sign him would not make any financial sense to any club. You will never recuperate the cost of signing him no matter what. £500m is what it would cost to buy him and pay him, its just too expensive for any club to really consider it.

There always seem to be a select few that never transfer, or refuse even if an offer is accepted, but I think it varies from save to save. The majority of the time it includes the likes of Messi and Ronaldo due to reputation, but there is always the slim chance that the save you start may, for example change it from Ronaldo to Bale as the nontransferable player.

Just speculation, but I have always found certain players in varying saves cannot be transferred regardless.

Yeh you can, press "make first offer" or something. I did this with Neymar and offered him a huge wage and appearance fee and goal fee and his agent said no and left the talks. Only for Neymar to sack his agent, me re-offer Barca talk direct to Neymar and sign him on the same contract.

Archived