Playoff with three teams

Alastairhufc

I am trying to make a playoff using three teams (the teams that come second in three leagues), these teams will be competing for two promotion spots. I was wanting to automatically have the team who does best in their individual league (all three leagues have 20 teams so most points will be fine). How can I program it so it gets results from these three different competitions and promotes the best team while the other two have a playoff for the other promotion space?

I assume I will have two stages in the competition, the stage with three teams (league format??) and then the stage with just the two in the playoff (cup - this stage is simple to do).

qualify 1 team in each of 3 leagues for "top playoff"( make sure that stage name is stage name for stage 0 of parent competition) ,number of promotion teams 1, max 2 , min1 , min for parent comp 5.

in parent competition make stage 0 (league, number of rounds 0, untick "create fixtures"). set league sorting rules to goal diff. transfer standings from stage 0 ( tick find stage in child comps)- points and goals only.

set "qualify" fate for team on position 1 and set fate action for it (promotion) for child competition. qualify teams 2 and 3 for stage 1.

create stage 1 as promotion playoff and set fate action for winner and loser for child comp

qualify 1 team in each of 3 leagues for "top playoff"( make sure that stage name is stage name for stage 0 of parent competition) ,number of promotion teams 1, max 2 , min1 , min for parent comp 5.

in parent competition make stage 0 (league, number of rounds 0, untick "create fixtures"). set league sorting rules to goal diff. transfer standings from stage 0 ( tick find stage in child comps)- points and goals only.

set "qualify" fate for team on position 1 and set fate action for it (promotion) for child competition. qualify teams 2 and 3 for stage 1.

create stage 1 as promotion playoff and set fate action for winner and loser for child comp

Thank you. :)

I will set that up shortly. :)

Just to check, is this how I should set the league fate actions?

b754a2ddfb367f585d0de3d6ce05b4de.png

I assume that is what you meant by "set "qualify" fate for team on position 1"

yeah. this is for position 1. position 2 & 3 qualify for stage 1 and set fate actions there

To save making a new thread, one other question I have concerns inactive divisions.

If I want to make a level of inactive leagues then how do I set it up? The same as an active league but I just tick the inactive box?

make inactive division with basic editor and when you convert it to advanced you will see how its done

yeah. this is for position 1. position 2 & 3 qualify for stage 1 and set fate actions there

make inactive division with basic editor and when you convert it to advanced you will see how its done

Good, this looks like I am almost there then, I just need to sort the inactive divisions and then experience the joy of finding out where I have made mistakes as I try to test the db. I assume I just validate the file in the editor then test in the game like previous years??

Thanks for your help. :)

Archived