433 flank problem

Hello guys,

i play with psg and dominated the league because of the money.but all the goals ive conceded from flanks and couldnt stop it.ive tried couple of things but conceded from either crosses from flanks or through balls behind the full backs.in champions league i got real madrid in quarter final.1st game i won 3-1 at home but lost 4-0 at away.they have played 4-2-4 which is the best tactic to destroy me.

p9MYgn.png

my team played every game like this.this is nearly what i wanted from my team.

1)but as you can see my backs are too seperated from central defenders.what do you suggest for that?

2)i want my dm to come a little closer to cds.what is the exact position for that?

3)my striker is too close i want him little bit more up front but cf/a af/a p/a make him go too far.

RjzYZA.png

here is my team shape and instructions.the line up at the right is my 1st year line up.left side is current.i know much higher def and off trap cost me lots of through but when i closed them still conceded thats why i needed help.i would really appreciate the help and suggestions based on the problems that ive told you at the top.thank you.

A couple of things come to mind:

1) You have a mega mega high line, and no pressure on the ball (moderate pressing from the "control" mentality, but some roles which will reduce it again). For me, that is a recipe for disaster. Its what got AVB the sack twice in England. If you are going to play so high, i would add some form of pressing to prevent the opposition having time to play an easy pass into the gaps that your high line creates

2) In difficult games, where other teams will attack your flanks, you need to consider whether you can sustain 3 up front. The 2 wide men will not track back much at all, particular on "control". Think about whether they need to be deployed deeper in the pitch to assit with defending.

3) The offside trap i find is fiendishly difficult to get working. You do have a very good backline, but even with good players i find that too often an attempt to play offside is misjudged and the players are in on goal. Consider whether you really need this

4) Do not rely on average position heat maps too much - They are what they say "average" - its neither the position when defending, nor when attacking. Use in game snapshots to really figure out if your fullbacks are to wide or too far advanced. The average position might just look like that because you had far more possession and more attacking in that game - When attacking you dont want them close to your CB's do you?

5) Likewise for you DM - Is the gap really there in game? The pressing addition might solve this if you go that route

6) Look at what PPM's he has or consider a PI if you dont think the other roles work

Good luck :)

A couple of things come to mind:

1) You have a mega mega high line, and no pressure on the ball (moderate pressing from the "control" mentality, but some roles which will reduce it again). For me, that is a recipe for disaster. Its what got AVB the sack twice in England. If you are going to play so high, i would add some form of pressing to prevent the opposition having time to play an easy pass into the gaps that your high line creates

2) In difficult games, where other teams will attack your flanks, you need to consider whether you can sustain 3 up front. The 2 wide men will not track back much at all, particular on "control". Think about whether they need to be deployed deeper in the pitch to assit with defending.

3) The offside trap i find is fiendishly difficult to get working. You do have a very good backline, but even with good players i find that too often an attempt to play offside is misjudged and the players are in on goal. Consider whether you really need this

4) Do not rely on average position heat maps too much - They are what they say "average" - its neither the position when defending, nor when attacking. Use in game snapshots to really figure out if your fullbacks are to wide or too far advanced. The average position might just look like that because you had far more possession and more attacking in that game - When attacking you dont want them close to your CB's do you?

5) Likewise for you DM - Is the gap really there in game? The pressing addition might solve this if you go that route

6) Look at what PPM's he has or consider a PI if you dont think the other roles work

Good luck :)

all of the things you said are tur.thank you.i guess i forgot to tell what i want from my team.i want my team to have the control of the game and when we lose the ball press instantly starting from their defenders to get the ball asap,and after we get the ball back turn back the control game.the thing about average position you are right its not great but in game snaps its still the same.while i was watching,i complained about that everygame thats maybe the reason we got counter attacked but in that scenario as i said my dm is getting upfront too much and couldnt def opposition amcs or strikers waiting in the midfield.

Archived