Grey players.

So, how does the game decide when to make those annoying grey players available? I took Pena Barcelonista de Mellila. The club has around 25 players and still no match days I get 16 grey players. Makes selection of the squad really hard having those 41 players. And if I choose quick pick the game always selects some grey players instead of my real ones. So I have to scroll a lot and look really carefully not to miss someone every time.

On other hand a team like Gava, with only 17 players never gets grey out players. And I never show in the filter the possibility to hide all grey players.

I hate the grey players man. If I have every player in the game loaded then I should not be flooded with grey players. This year's game seem to make more grey players than the past. Youth squads are rarely filled with regens especially at lower levels...

I would not be suprise if this was a bug of sort because like you said some teams with small squads arent filled with the grey players.

Make sure you select "Add players to playable teams" at game creation, this ensures that from the beginning there will be more squad players and fewer grey players.

As an aside; if your assistant is selecting grey players ahead of your squad players perhaps try and sign these grey players, they may be a better option, hence why your assistant is selecting them.

At low levels, I sign some of the less-repulsive grays as cannon fodder for the inevitable "lose 2-3 players to injury every game". And I've never had one in the office complaining about their squad position.

Archived