why are cup draws fixed?

So in my fourth season with stutgart decided to save the same day champions league draw drew man utd and barca and marseille in my group and i thought to myself i know its cheating but what the hell its my game, anyway took the draw again the groups were identical so what i am asking is when is the draw actually happening ? because evidently it happened before the day even began.

but it is fixed if you get the same draw each time why can't it be random like when you watch a real cup draw?

It isn't fixed. If you're reloading just before you get to see the draw then you'll see the same fixtures drawn because the actual draw happens just after the last round of matches.

So in my fourth season with stutgart decided to save the same day champions league draw drew man utd and barca and marseille in my group and i thought to myself i know its cheating but what the hell its my game, anyway took the draw again the groups were identical so what i am asking is when is the draw actually happening ? because evidently it happened before the day even began.

ha ha surely not serious!!

if u save it to right before, chances are u will draw near identifcal all the time. if you saved it a few days earlier then maybe you might have been drawn in different groups!

Cup draws are processed once the previous round has been played, in the case of the Champions Cup group stage that will be immediately after the final play-off matches are completed.

Okay but just out of curiosity how come it is done this way?

A lot of things are fixed. In 2014 I had a news item appearing in my save (Mutxamel Training Day) everytime I clicked it I got a crash dump. So, after the 10th or 11th season I forgot to be careful and watch when this will show again. So, I played for 10-11 days without saving, I got the crash dump and when I started again from 10-11 days earlier I got absolutely the same news like the first time. And everything that happened happened exactly the same the first time. news, transfers, press releases, players wanting something, everything. Nothing changed. So, I don't know for how long, but the game definitely 'knows' what'll happen for a certain period of time in the future (maybe a month or two) and those things won't change no matter what you do.

P.S.

Just to be clear, Spain played a game during those 11 days. The first time they won 2-0 I think, the second time the game was a tie. So, I guess game results can change, sometimes. There're always games that end the same way, no matter how much you replay them.

The draw is generated before you do the "draw" in game. That's just for show. If you reload it before the draw itself, it will come out the same every time as it's already been done.

Archived