Managing in Brazil - no state championship?

Hoping someone more knowledgeable in the Brazilian leagues can help me here. I recently started a save with a Serie C side Guaratinguetá, and started the save December 2013 (which was advised when starting in Brazil). I've noticed that my first game wasn't until May - which was for the national championship. I was under the impression that my team would be involved in the state championship (which would typically run Jan-May).

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something here?

I did vacation for 4 months so I can start playing, however If my team only plays 5 months out of the year (only in the national), then I'd rather not continue with this save, and would want to start a new one.

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that will be the case only for the first season, because the state championship is already finished when the game is released, so it's hard coded. In other words, check in the state championship history, is there a 2013 winner listed? Either way, I would imagine you'll be playing in it next season.

Thanks for your reply. I sure hope so for next season. Not at my computer so I can't check to see if there was a 2013 champ. Regardless, I was under the Impression that the state championships starts in January. So If I was eligible, I would have played right away

I just hope I didn't waste my time, thats all.

But if the 2013 champion has already been determined, it would be nonsensical for you to play in a competition which already has a winner. This is why no one plays in this tournament at the start, because it's already been completed (in the future).

Was able to check. The state championship (for the state that I'm eligible to play in) has been played. In Jan - May, and it doesn't looks like I'll be able to play in it. So I think i may have just wasted my time.

It mentions in the rules that the bottom 4 teams are relegated, but how does one qualify for the state championship? I thought everyone was eligible. With a quick Google search, it does say that my team participates in the Sao Paulo state championship - how come I'm not eligible in the game?

Can anybody help at all?

He will. When I tested my save to see if it'll crash I (wrongly) choose start date as Singapore January 2014. So, Singapore was view only and I played in Spain. But, Spanish league starts in the summer, so although I should have been playing the old season I of course didn't. There were absolutely no games till July. And in January 2014 I already had a winner for the league, the cup, for Champions League etc. Next season it was all normal.

So, you'll be able to play State Championship next season. It's inevitable for those things to happen. Every country with it's own schedule, pre season cups or in that case pre season state championships.

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon the resurrection - I just wanted to close the loop on this, in case anyone else is in this situation.

The following season, I was indeed eligible to play in the state championship. The only "issue" I have is that I have no idea why I was able to. The season prior, 4 teams were relegated from the state championship (to I'm assuming a lower/unplayable league?) and I was suddenly eligible.

But nowhere did it indicate where I was promoted from, or why/how I was suddenly eligible to play in the State championship.

Pardon the resurrection - I just wanted to close the loop on this, in case anyone else is in this situation.

The following season, I was indeed eligible to play in the state championship. The only "issue" I have is that I have no idea why I was able to. The season prior, 4 teams were relegated from the state championship (to I'm assuming a lower/unplayable league?) and I was suddenly eligible.

But nowhere did it indicate where I was promoted from, or why/how I was suddenly eligible to play in the State championship.

This has been answered above.

Any completed competition prior to the release of FM2015 is not playable. The State Championships in 2014 were completed before FM2015 was released. So therefore, the first FM available to you will be in 2015.

This has been answered above.

Any completed competition prior to the release of FM2015 is not playable. The State Championships in 2014 were completed before FM2015 was released. So therefore, the first FM available to you will be in 2015.

Thanks, however it wasn't completed. I said in one of my posts, it was played Jan - May. I started my season in December, so I don't know why I was not eligible to play.

I also chose another Brazilian team, in the same Sao Paulo state championship - and I was able to play in it starting in January.

Thanks, however it wasn't completed. I said in one of my posts, it was played Jan - May. I started my season in December, so I don't know why I was not eligible to play.

I also chose another Brazilian team, in the same Sao Paulo state championship - and I was able to play in it starting in January.

Like I said, but you seem to be ignoring, any completed competition prior to the release of FM2015 is not playable. FM2015 was released in early November. So it WAS completed. The fact your game started in December is 2013 is irrelevant.

This has now been answered a few times for you.

Archived