Becoming favoured personnel/icon/legend

Doesn't it seem like it's too difficult in the game? I'm not totally sure what it's supposed to represent and I'm sure it's subjective, but in the database it's handed out for things like "score against the club's rivals" or "have one pretty good season."

I've taken Blyth from the Conference North to League One, presiding over what would be by far the club's most successful period, and I'm not on any of the lists. My best striker has 71 goals in four seasons, some of them have been enormous, he basically won us one of our promotions all by himself and he's only on favoured personnel.

Get the club in to a respectable postion in the league below Premier League and surely you will be on favoured personel! As LFC manager, just winning the league title once I was on the favoure dpersonell list after 1 season!

after 3 seasons, i won the conference title with chester fc. i am now favored personnel. my two prolific strikers were also favored last season, but now one is an icon after winning the player of the year award while leading the league in goals.

In 6 years, won 4 Serie A's, 4 Italian Cups, 3 Italian Supercup's, 1 Europa League and 1 Champions League to become a Legend just in 6 years with AC Milan.

So far in my AFC Wimbledon save im 4 seasons in, first season we had an amazing season but we were short to get to the Playoffs by 6 points, i was Untouchable. Second season, got them promoted to League One. Third Season, now in League One, got to the Playoffs, wins against MK Dons in both league games, now in the Fourth Season, fighting for promotion 22 games in the season.

Not even in the favourite employees... Kinda weird.

I don't think I've ever been more than favored personnel on any save in any version of FM. Often, I don't even become that, despite being pretty successful most of the time. I've also seen players put up 6,7 seasons of strong ratings and also not get any respect from the fans.

On the flip side, I've seen other players put up a couple of good, not great, seasons and become icons. Wingers seem to be especially well-liked by fans in my experience.

The way favored personnel works for players makes sense to me. But the way it works for clubs feels way too random to be useful in any way. Can anyone in the know tell us what the game looks at when working this out?

I find that the only real way to get to Legend or Icon is to become consistent or win in the highest league form within your clubs country, and/or to win the highest continental tournament.

I have gone from the Ryan Isthmian League to Championship with favoured personnel at most, and upon becoming successful/stable in the premier league move up from there. Once I won the league, I was a Legend.

More recently, I went form Serie C1/A with San Marino to Serie A and was a favoured personnel until I won the Serie A and became a Legend, along with the attacking midfielder (currently 25) whom I signed as a 16 year old.

I currently have my two current wingers as Icons, and one previous winger (Poletti who starts here and only had a few seasons left in him). There are also two winger/center midfield players who are still in game but have left the club and my current backup keeper who has been at the club for 13 years, on the favoured personnel list.

That is a total of 2 Legends, 3 Icons and 3 favoured personnel in 12 seasons.

5 are wingers (3 are left sided), 1 is a manager, 1 is an attacking midfielder and 1 is a keeper

I think it would be a much more realistic approach to move people up on the favoured personnel list for success within their clubs current domestic ranking (i.e. Taking over Crystal Palace after relegation and getting them promoted does not get you on the list, as they were recently a EPL side, however doing the same for Nottingham Forest or Millwall would be enough for favoured personnel. Getting a club to their highest ever division (i.e. Mansfield Town from League 2 to the Championship should get you to at least Icon)

• 2 years later...

Archived