Problem with player who wants friend to help him settle.

I'm playing in the Eredivisie, and my Belgian goalkeeper came to me and said he was homesick and I promised to sign a friend or countryman to help him settle. I went to his profile and saw under his favored personnel that there was another goalkeeper who was also Belgian and was good enough to be a backup for us, so I signed him, but the promise still says it's not been filled. He asked for a friend or countryman and I signed someone who was both, what more can he want?

The problem is: 1. He is belgium and shouldn't have many problems settling in the Netherlands. There is not much difference unless he doesn't speak the language. Which still isn't a big deal as a lot of dutch people and players speak multiple languages and I'm sure one of them speaks French or vlaams.

2. He asked for a fellow countryman and he got a good friend who is also a backup and should not be playing lots of matches

I believe this promise type is one that the player will assess over time (interactions & happiness is not my main area of focus) & the text description should change to give you an indication whether the player is happy with what you are doing, for me the concern is that a Belgian is having problems settling in the Netherlands, if you have a save before this happens please take the time to raise the issue in the bugs forum so that we can take a closer look.

I don't have a save from before this happens, but the time on the promise has run out and he's had a fit and almost got me sacked. I'm normally pretty tolerant of the player interaction system, but he asked me for something and I did the absolute best that he could ever dream of and it hasn't mattered to him at all.

I've now signed another of his favored personnel as a coach, who is also from the same country. In the news article for signing him it even said the unsettled player would be very excited to welcome him, yet the player is still unhappy and the promise status hasn't changed. It seems to be entirely impossible to do anything about this. I've done above and beyond everything I can.

The trick with thisis not getting someone off his friends list ... That will not work. You have to ask the home sick player to recommend a signing, once you have that person on the books he will settle. Just be careful as if you loan out the new player the homesick one will get unsettled again.

As an alternative send the player on 1-2 leave of absences. This does 2 things. Firstly they are not there bitching and moanin, upsetting the rest of the squad, and secondly it may resolve their homesickness.

This is the process I went through when Hugo Lloris became homesick at Spurs (like that is going to happen in real life)

Archived