Transfer budget questions

Hi everyone, couple of questions about transfer budgets.

1 - I have a transfer arranged for a future date for a player to join my team - fee is £1.5 million will this amount already have been taken off my budget when it was agreed or will it come off once the player actually comes to my club ?

2- Do clauses get added to my budget i.e. If I sell someone and get £500k once he plays 20 times for the club I sell him to will that cash end up in my budget and likewise if I buy someone and have to pay an amount after so many games does that come out of the transfer budget.

He means whether clauses get taken off of the transfer budget. So let's say you paid for someone 20mln up front plus 2mln after 10 goals. So no doubt about those 20mln, they are deducted from your transfer budget right away, but what about those 2mln after scoring 10 goals, which could take months to complete? When is it deducted, once the contract is signed or when the clause is 'accomplished'? I do not know the answer, but I'm keen to find out.

Hi everyone, couple of questions about transfer budgets.

1 - I have a transfer arranged for a future date for a player to join my team - fee is £1.5 million will this amount already have been taken off my budget when it was agreed or will it come off once the player actually comes to my club ?

2- Do clauses get added to my budget i.e. If I sell someone and get £500k once he plays 20 times for the club I sell him to will that cash end up in my budget and likewise if I buy someone and have to pay an amount after so many games does that come out of the transfer budget.

1) It is removed from your budget as soon as you confirm the transfer. The amount is not deducted from your clubs finances until the actual transfer though.

2) Yes, the clauses are added to your transfer budget, but not until the clause is triggered. So, for example, if you are due to receive £500,000 when the player scores ten goals for his new club and have a 100% transfer money retention, then when he scores ten goals, your transfer budget goes up by £500,000.

In terms of you paying another club re these clauses for players you buy, I have no idea as I only ever buy for cash up front.

If you are buying, clauses sometimes get deducted from your transfer budget, depending on whether they are likely to happen that year. For instance if you sign someone in the summer with a £1m bonus after 20 appearances that will get taken from that seasons budget. If you are paying the same after 50 appearances that won't be as it is unlikely to happen in one season.

Archived