Steam cloud sync

DAK

So I'm having a bit of an issue. Iv got a new laptop and trying to get my FM saved game on it. I have used my old laptop loaded my game, then went to save and choose the cloud save. It saved and said it would upload when I exit. So I did that and I could see it syncing. I went back in on same laptop and went to the cloud load icon and the save game is there.

So I start steam up on new laptop, open football manager , go to the load screen and click on the cloud icon and it's not there.

Don't no what I'm doing wrong or if it is an issue.

Any help appreciated, thanks

I have noticed that the sync doesn't always start on the computer I'm syncing it to.

When it doesn't sync I usually do the following steps:

1. Restart game.

2. Restart steam if restarting the game isn't enough.

3. Occasionally the save file refuses to sync no matter what, in these rare cases I usually re-save the game with another name in the cloud and hope that the sync works with the new save.

This usually works for me.

It has to upload to the servers first, then it has to download to the servers. It will depend on your internet speed, and there's different transfer rates for uploading (usually slower), and downloading (usually faster).

Whatever you do, don't shut down your old laptop, leave it running with it syncing to the cloud.

And as Cougar points out, copy it to a usb stick, external drive, or even onto your phone (if you have enough space and transfer the save game that way.

Archived