Potential for regens on different positions

This topic includes non-regen players as well, like, how the editors set the PA.

Alright, not the most accurate headline but I did my best. What im talking about here is:

As we all know, the biggest stars in football. The people we compare before matches, the people that are talked about.

What position do they have?

We all know, the full backs!

Their splendid abil....

Or wait

Of course.. im talking about the strikers. the goalscorers. Or the playmakers, the attacking wingers.

people on this positions, are just the "best" in football.

This can be argued. Theres some real greats CBs, a GK nominated for balon d or, neuer.

But fullbacks and GKs just dont have that "star" thing. Often, the best players play in attacking positions, the most skilled players, or the most complete in a midfield position.

Now, does the ME pay attention to this?

Or do we se a whole batch of regens coming out as 190 potential full backs?

I mean, is there a chance the best play in the game will be an LB?

I cant see that happening IRL

Full backs probably has the lowest star rating and impact on the team, talking about IRL.

Like, 160 PA for a fullback is very high, like top class full back.

160 for a striker might not be top class, still high.

Does the match engine pay attention to this when they ship out regens?

Well, ME has nothing to do with making regens...

But irl super talented players (when spotted) would normally be schooled to play in a more important role than a back position. In FM it's possible to school players to play in different positions and I've seen the AI do that quite often.

The game does generate high PA newgens of any position. Have definitely seen FBs with potential over 180, so they would be legendary level players if they developed fully. Haven't seen a pure sweeper, but have seen WBs (who can't play FB), GK, DM, AM, ML and MR, in addition to the more common standard positions.

The game generates a class of first-day newgens in the US if you have the MLS running when starting a new game. There are typically anywhere between 2 and 5 players generated with PA of 180. If you want to get a sample of what the game can generate for top level newgens, start up a few games with the MLS running (full, not background) and check them. I don't think the game is positionally picky when generating players from different regions, at least based on any settings I've ever seen.

Well that's just pure rubbish...

Strikers aren't 'better' than fullbacks and certainly don't have more potential than other players irl or in the game..

Strikers may get all the glory and headlines but that has no bearing on how good they are, nor should it in game either.

The only thing it may affect or should affect is value and possibly reputation.

The game does however generate players based on a country or regions style of football.. i.e I've noticed Chile and surrounding areas tend to produce high work rate and teamwork players.. Spain will have technically blessed players etc

Yeah, those fullbacks and their not being good enough. Players like Maldini, Fachetti, Carlos Alberto, Nilton Santos, Ruud Krol (though I guess he was arguably a sweeper), Roberto Carlos, Marzolini, Brreitner, Frank de Boer, Lahm, Jose Antonio Camacho... they're just not up to the level of a Tom Huddlestone or a Grant Holt.

Archived