Poor defending

Is anyone else having problems with defenders kicking the ball out for corners when much easier options are available? I'm doing pretty well in my game, 2 promotions in 3 seasons so it's not exactly spoiling my game but it's frustrating to watch. It's usually several times a game and every now and then you let one in from the resulting corner. Is this a match engine thing or are my players just that bad, Scottish 2nd and 1st decision.

This is something that can happen realistically from time to time, and when under pressure but not as often and needlessly as it is happening at the moment

My point is that even if the full back is isolated they should just kick it out for a throw, it looks like the always try to pass back to the keeper but kick it out around the edge of the 18 yard box. It's the decision making of the players that I question

My point is that even if the full back is isolated they should just kick it out for a throw, it looks like the always try to pass back to the keeper but kick it out around the edge of the 18 yard box. It's the decision making of the players that I question

Is it a clearance or are they attempting a backpass?

For the most part with clearances my defenders do clear upfield or out for a throw a lot of the time.

My problem are backs-passes to the 'keeper going out for corners.

Its nowhere near as bad as last year but I still see it happening occasionally.

Archived