[FM15] From Xerxes' watchpoint....

Marios1999

129657_zpsebpset47.png

For those of you who are lovers of Ancient Greek history, Mount Egaleo might ring a bell. It is the mountain, from which Xerxes was watching the Battle of Salamis. But in the neighborhood of Egaleo, there is a football team with a bit of history in the greek scene. Egaleo was a mainstay in Greek Superleague in the 00's and it hat its share of european appearances. But financial struggles led to its demotion to the amateur divisions.

I thought it was time to take over and restore the team to its previous glory. Shall you join me?

Season 1 coming in!

129657_zpsebpset47.png

League

In line with expectations we won the league, and our promotion through the playoffs, so next season we will be playing in National Division C!

Schedule

Squad

We had the best roster, and it showed on the pitch. The winter addition of Kottakis helped a lot, and the play of Koxarakis, Nasios and Dimgkiokas were the basis of our success.

Koxarakis

Nasios

Kottakis

Dimgiokas

Youth Intake:

Α number of players with good potential, but i think that they can become mostly good backups.

YP1

YP2

ΥP3

ΥP4

YP5

YP6

Goals for next season

-Survive

-Fare well in the National Division C Cup

There is only one problem, the fact that we didnt turn even Semi-pro, so it will become kinda of a challenge. But this is more fun now:D

First half of the season: Struggling

Transfers

As you can see we revamped the squad. All those 1/7 signings are regens that we had signed prior to the window. But we suffered losses because of our amateur status, with our key GK leaving(Andriolas), and our 2 starting CM's leaving on deadline day(Nafpliotis,Giouvanellis).

Matches so far

And as you see things are not great, but we have a little 2 game winning streak that we hope to improve upon. The long losing patches are really killing us though.

Standings

But we're not far from relegation, although it will take a strong effort to make it.

So, it's been a rough first half, but hopefully we can turn it around. But will we?

Second Half: Up we stay!

Schedule

The team didn't find form immediately, but we came up big when it really mattered.

League

Close till' the end. Also seeing rivals Proodeftiki being relegated was an added bonus:D

Tactics

Instructions

After a lot of tinkering, we finally found the tactics that led us to the late season streak that kept us up!

Pre Season goals:

-Survive

-Fare well in the National Division C Cup: We were out by the first round

Next season goals:

-Mid-table position

-Keep some of our core players

-Maybe a run in the cup.

And now some of my thoughts. The amateur status is really bugging me, and the only way to change this is by promoting. But i don't think this is very easy:D

So can we do it?

Third season: Success, but not for everyone

League

We finished at mid table, with a very prolific offence, but with the leakiest defence of all, which cost us many games, and eventually i think the promotion place.

Schedule

We started off very strong, but the memories from last year came haunting, as we had two very bad stretches.

Squad

As things stand, two players stood out:

-Dimgiokas, who was the lynchpin of our attack, although his 2 at finishing cost us dearly,

-and Tsoulakos, the big cannon upfront.

But as we finished the season, the board was not happy with our position, which was the best we could achieve considering our poor roster, and in addition it refused to turn semi-pro. As a result, i hit the resign button and waited for the chance, that came in the form of Kallithea:

Inbox_%20%20Inbox_zpsxeuhqkac.png

The team was promoted to the Football League, aka the second tier in the greek pyramid, and had just fired the coach. So i seized the opportunity and applied. And they came to me with a very appealing offer. Also, as the new season came around turned fully pro, and i had a budget of 650k euros, which is about 650k euros more the the previous one!:D The team has a tradition for producing talent, which was evident byt the 3 good regens i found there, so i hope I will bea ble to produve some players.

Next up:

-Presentation of the team

-Goals for the season

Kallithea, the team:

Kallithea is a team that shares a lot with Egaleo, as it was a fixture in the Superleague in the early to mid-00's. It is also a team that plays in a stadium called ''El Paso''. How cool is that?:D

kallithea2_zpsnc8on1k7.jpg

But it also had a squad with many flaws and weak in general, so we had to perform a complete overhaul!

Holdovers:

Katsoulis

Our starting GK.

Touncara

A luxury for the division, although he hasn't started as strong.

Ntovas

The most exciting from the group of youth holdovers, he is slotted right into the starting AMR position.

Transfers:

So a lot of wheeling and dealing in general, and here come the most important of the batch. We signed many youth players, and a lot from Egaleo, who were handpicked by me.

Bloch

Cholevas

Duberet

Juan Mariano

Zagliveris

Gaqollari

Junior

Season Goals:

-Avoid Relegation

-Go past first round in the cup

Can we make it?

Archived