Buy Now Option - Pre Contract

What's the point in the buy now option which has been added to this version of FM, which can be clicked after signing someone on a pre contract agreement ?

I have had no success with it to this day and a glaringly obvious situation where it would be used has just been passed.

I have had a player, on loan for the season (from Spain ... I manage in England).

Come January he was available to sign as entering the last 6 months of his contract ... I agreed a contract and move was agreed.

I thought it would be good to sign him immediately, so clicked "buy now"

The club declined and refused this offer.

He is on loan for me until the end of the season, no recall clause, so why would the selling club reject this offer? It is an absolute no brainer and financial suicide ?

He won't ever play for them again, he is on loan for the remainder of the campaign to me, it gets his wage of their books early, plus they get a transfer fee rather than nothing

Is this just another gimmicky button, like the "appeal red card" button used to be on versions previous to this ?

I think it's an oversight with the use of this feature, so I'd raise it in the bugs forum.

It's definitely not a 'gimmicky button' though is it, just because it doesn't work in this very rare example where a player is already on-loan at your club when you sign him on a pre-contract, I mean there's been plenty of times when it has been used so it obviously works this might just be a situation SI overlooked that's all.

Archived