Airtricity League (Irish League) Money Problems

So i started a save with Sligo Rovers in the Airtricity league where basically no clubs have money to purchase any players on the transfer market just loan signings and free transfers and any players i wish to let go i have to do so by waiting til their contracts expire. My problem is is that i'm hemorrhaging money. I'm in my 3rd season and been fairly successful challenging for titles (yet to win the league), having great runs in the Europa League qualifiers generating €600,000 during theses runs but the club has been regraded to a semi pro status because of the debt. Anyone here managed in these circumstances before and have any advice on what to do? My players earn around €350 a week is it a case of letting these guy's go and trying to bring in players on lower deals?

Managing Dundalk and just into season 4. Won the league in seasons 2 and 3. €1m in debt despite only using half my wage budget. Seems to be an issue with the board setting wage budgets way above what they can actually afford based on income and income being very low in general. I'd recommend trying to use your incoming and outgoings and reduce your wage budget accordingly.

It's just one of those things in leagues that can't bring in big crowds and tv money. In my first season with Solihull moors in conference north I had a decent fa cup run and got to the 3rd round where I had a televised game. The cup run had taken me from roughly 10k in debt to about 70k in the bank but by the start of the second season despite staying within all of my budgets all the cup money has gone and we have just slipped back into the red again.

So i started a save with Sligo Rovers in the Airtricity league where basically no clubs have money to purchase any players on the transfer market just loan signings and free transfers and any players i wish to let go i have to do so by waiting til their contracts expire. My problem is is that i'm hemorrhaging money. I'm in my 3rd season and been fairly successful challenging for titles (yet to win the league), having great runs in the Europa League qualifiers generating €600,000 during theses runs but the club has been regraded to a semi pro status because of the debt. Anyone here managed in these circumstances before and have any advice on what to do? My players earn around €350 a week is it a case of letting these guy's go and trying to bring in players on lower deals?

My advice? You're the manager, don't worry about the club finances, that is the job of the Board. They give you a wage budget and maybe some transfer budget, then use it.

The club has just been been regraded to semi pro status with contracts adjusted accordingly with most of my squad basically on a pay as you play fee. I've seen a slight rise in finances because of getting to the 3rd round of the EL qualifying stage again but i know that will decline again. I'd like to leave in Sligo in a better position to which i found them but that is looking increasingly like it won't happen so i intend on leaving after 1 more season to further my career somewhere else as i think i've taken them as far as i can

Archived