Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

One issue I have is with promises. I promised a younger player that I would send him out on loan as he was not getting the games he wanted last season for the first squad. But this season he has been a revelation and started in all senior games. However, as I did not keep my promise re loaning him out he wants to leave! Surely that is not right. He wanted full games and is now getting them at the top level!

Is that new or was it like that before this patch?

Can you raise this in the bugs forum, I expect that a save at any point where you feel the player should be happy will be okay.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d6uXilk.png

Don't know if reported already, but I have missing text. I've got this on A LOT of news items now.

Happens in windowed mode, 150% zoom. The full text is there when I switch to standard 100% zoom. Full text is also there with 125% zoom.

Haven't seen missing text elsewhere yet, just news items.

That being said, love the new press conference questions about the youth setup.

edit: found it reported in the bugs forum, have added screenshot and info to that thread.

One issue I have is with promises. I promised a younger player that I would send him out on loan as he was not getting the games he wanted last season for the first squad. But this season he has been a revelation and started in all senior games. However, as I did not keep my promise re loaning him out he wants to leave! Surely that is not right. He wanted full games and is now getting them at the top level!

Is that new or was it like that before this patch?

I think there should be a conversation prompt for this "Look you've been absolutely amazing in your recent form and I want to utilise you a lot more in the coming month so our previous promise of going out on loan is no longer necessary as I see you as a key player for the foreseeable future."

Can you raise this in the bugs forum, I expect that a save at any point where you feel the player should be happy will be okay.

Like the idea of that conversation that would get over the issue.

Ahh a week later the player has decided to stay of his own volition so there is a resolution but it takes a few days to filter through. All is good again re the player previously expressed doubts............................is believed to be content to remain with the club.

Working as intended methinks - I was a tad premature!

Happy to report that my players are running more directly at the opposition as they're supposed to. Thanks SI.

But neither of my opposition ratings or assistants feedback windows doesn't pop up on the match screen as intended if you check them on the bottom right corner

Happy to report that my players are running more directly at the opposition as they're supposed to. Thanks SI.

But neither of my opposition ratings or assistants feedback windows doesn't pop up on the match screen as intended if you check them on the bottom right corner

at the bottom off that pop up screen press restore all and they should come back

Pressing 'Restore All' which is at the bottom of the match widget menu should solve your problem.

Anyone able to shed any light at all on the tactic files issue I raised regarding not being able to delete them when in-game.

Plus, can someone please explain why we can't overwrite the same tactic file?

Used to be so easy when you tweak a tactic loads, just click, and it was over-written...ball ache now.

Now, I know it gets complicated so soon after an update. Even if they had as many as 100 people testing round the clock for the week leading up to release, that's still only 17,000 hours of testing. There's 49,545 players on football manager right now, it would take a mere 20 minutes to eclipse that figure. The thing is though, I doubt there's 100 testers, I doubt they had a week with the patch in it's current state, and I doubt that they'd be testing around the clock. Ultimately you just can't test to that level.

The current build has been tested for numerous weeks as it evolved since the last update went live. There are persistent bugs, there always will be, but substantial efforts went into getting this update live.

15 games into a season, a player with 6 starts and 9 subs comes to me complaining about playing time, and there are no good options for what to say to him.

Why are all the options for responding to players so terrible? You're already playing in every.single.game.

15 games into a season, a player with 6 starts and 9 subs comes to me complaining about playing time, and there are no good options for what to say to him.

Why are all the options for responding to players so terrible? You're already playing in every.single.game.

It depends on his squad status and ability. In most (all?) cases, the player will be expecting starts, not sitting on the bench for the majority.

my youth players say it all the time, despite just being put into the youth academy, they are set as youth players or hot prospects, not sure what to do other than ignore them

seriously thinking of re-installing and manually putting in 15.2.1 there must be some way of doing it ffs

my youth players say it all the time, despite just being put into the youth academy, they are set as youth players or hot prospects, not sure what to do other than ignore them

seriously thinking of re-installing and manually putting in 15.2.1 there must be some way of doing it ffs

there isnt if you uninstall and reinstall it will always update to the latest version

Haven't trawled through this thread yet to find the answer, but is there going to be a hotfix or something (seen a few mention it) since a few have said there are some issues with the new update?

Was going to start a new save but will probs wait a few days if that's the case.

Haven't trawled through this thread yet to find the answer, but is there going to be a hotfix or something (seen a few mention it) since a few have said there are some issues with the new update?

Was going to start a new save but will probs wait a few days if that's the case.

Any potential hotfixes, like the updates themselves, aren't going to be announced before it is ready to release. Don't wait for something that might not happen.

Bit of an experiment re chances and goals in my save anyway.

Last 6 games before patch

Team----------------------------Shots---------On target---------CCC---------Score

West Ham------------------------17---------------7----------------2-------------2

Napoli-----------------------------9----------------6----------------2-------------2

EVE-------------------------------15---------------5----------------2-------------1

WH-------------------------------14---------------8----------------5-------------3

WIG------------------------------14---------------6----------------3--------------1

WH-------------------------------16---------------2----------------2--------------0

WH-------------------------------15---------------5----------------3--------------1

CLUJ------------------------------7----------------3----------------1--------------0

WH-------------------------------14---------------8----------------4--------------4

HULL------------------------------7---------------3-----------------2--------------1

WH-------------------------------5----------------3-----------------1--------------1

LIV-------------------------------13---------------3-----------------3--------------1

TOTALS-------------------------146--------------59----------------30------------17

Last 6 games since patch

Team----------------------------Shots---------On target---------CCC---------Score

SOTON----------------------------11---------------3----------------2-------------1

WH--------------------------------9----------------6-----------------2-------------1

METALIST-------------------------11---------------2----------------1-------------0

WH--------------------------------15---------------5----------------2--------------3

WH--------------------------------27---------------12---------------2--------------1

NOR-------------------------------6-----------------3----------------1--------------1

WH--------------------------------19---------------11---------------6--------------2

EVE--------------------------------12----------------6---------------1--------------2..........AET (PENS 16/15)

STO-------------------------------19----------------4---------------2--------------0

WH--------------------------------14----------------6---------------2--------------0

WH--------------------------------9-----------------5---------------0--------------0

SWA-------------------------------8-----------------3---------------1--------------0

TOTALS---------------------------162--------------64--------------22-------------11

So all in all not a great difference. Shots on goal and shots on target have actually gone up since the patch just on the basis of these 6 games yet CCC's and goals have dropped but it's arguable as 6 games isn't a great experiment but it does show that so far there are no massive differences.

Even my star striker Sakho....

Pre patch 6 games............Passes..........177..........Shots.......24............SOT...........18.............GOALS...............4

Post patch 6 games...........Passes..........168..........Shots.......31............SOT...........15.............GOALS...............2

Not a great deal of difference....

However,

I do notice that goalkeepers are far better and shots aren't as powerful. Have seen the odd power shot from inside the area and the keeper holds it so at times I think keepers are saving shots that they shouldn't. Not sure if finishing is worse or just the keepers better but certainly it seems far harder to score.

there isnt if you uninstall and reinstall it will always update to the latest version

that's a shame then, it's game over from me unless a hotfix comes out

too many injuries (it isn't a phase i have 7 out at this moment in time, 4 from 1 game and it's been happening for 3 months in game time, since the patch surprisingly)

stupid animations, goalkeeper is hilarious at most times

players asking for 1st team football too many times despite being new youth academy players and players set to backup in a contract they agreed too

can't win a game, and i mean not a single game, despite having tactics in all previous fm working, i just can't figure this one out, it's like my squad are automatically set to lose or draw every game despite being top in 15.2.1,

i've now tried about 7 tactics all involving different formations, roles and team instructions, nothing works for me

players that have been here for years are now saying they can't gel into this team, this is my favourite out of everything

training everyone now seems to complain about training

any chance next year SI we can have a roll back on patches? i can't see how difficult that would be? 15.2.1 was great except a few minor things, sadly it looks like too much has been changed as everything is now over the top

too many injuries (it isn't a phase i have 7 out at this moment in time, 4 from 1 game and it's been happening for 3 months in game time, since the patch surprisingly)

players asking for 1st team football too many times despite being new youth academy players and players set to backup in a contract they agreed too

can't win a game, and i mean not a single game, despite having tactics in all previous fm working, i just can't figure this one out, it's like my squad are automatically set to lose or draw every game despite being top in 15.2.1,

i've now tried about 7 tactics all involving different formations, roles and team instructions, nothing works for me

players that have been here for years are now saying they can't gel into this team, this is my favourite out of everything

any chance next year SI we can have a roll back on patches? i can't see how difficult that would be? 15.2.1 was great except a few minor things, sadly it looks like too much has been changed as everything is now over the top

No, there won't be options to roll back in future. If you're having issues, the Tactics and Training forum is eagerly waiting.

Would really advise a detailed post in the tactic forums posting what you have tried with your tactics, see if anyone can point you in the right direction, it may help with what is happening. You may also find these settings help with your injuries.

Can anyone from SI tell me if this is a known issue?

In match if you change to another tactic the Team Instructions are greyed out so you cannot adjust them if required,. You can go back to match (I'm old school I go to tactics screen to make changes!) and then go back to tactic screen and it's ok but at first change as I say the TI box is greyed out.

Alt+tab out of the game seems to pause/ slow down the matches a lot.

One game lasting the past 30 minutes when I tabbed out to get some food.

If you're playing the game in full screen mode this is intended behaviour & as a rule is SOP for most games.

Have you changed anything regarding engagement of the ball carrier? I suddenly got more yellows and reds, more injuries. Most of the time several injuries in-match and a current total of 6 defenders (10 total) out with injuries. The football seems more "brutal" out there as well.

I actually hate myself for instaling this latest patch, i said I wouldn't cause i had my save game with sassuolo and everything was perfect. I install this one and the injuries start again. teams scoring 5 goals in 6 minutes against me.

does system restore trick work?

I actually hate myself for instaling this latest patch, i said I wouldn't cause i had my save game with sassuolo and everything was perfect. I install this one and the injuries start again. teams scoring 5 goals in 6 minutes against me.

does system restore trick work?

sad times isn't it pal, sadly no system restore won't help as it's a file, iirc system restore only changes software

unless i'm wrong and i hope i am as i will be instantly doing it

sad times isn't it pal, sadly no system restore won't help as it's a file, iirc system restore only changes software

unless i'm wrong and i hope i am as i will be instantly doing it

i havea point set 2 days ago, gonna try it and let you know.

cheers mate, although i have no hope, like you before patch my team was insanely good, after patch they turned to absolute ***** instantly

i have no motivation to start again

Have you paid a vist to the T&T forum, all the help you could ever wnat is there.

Archived