The Over-Rated and Hated

Jedi5diah

Hi guys, who are the most over-rated players you feel and thus hating him? and why?

i will go first!

Nicklas Bendtner!

He is such normal striker in real life just happen to sneak in a few last min goals for Arsenal and his stats are so amazing. he is a leading star after around 3 seasons. he is the one always keeping arsenal filfty rich because they don't have to buy any strikers when they already have Eduardo Adebayor plus him. 3 superstar strikers. i have my respect for eduardo as he shown alot of potential but in real life suffered such injury is unfortunate.

your turn!

we have no proof he is capable and from what ive seen he is not disciplined enough to get 30 a season

I agree that we have no proof that he is capable of 30 goals a season, but because he is not disciplined enough? :confused:

As for the thread, well all know that the most overrated player on FM, (and indeed in real life), is Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Rooney is over rated on the game I think he must mean not disciplined enough as in he runs around the pitch like a headless chicken instead of staying upfront and attacking more. Theres loads of players in the game that are over rated Ibrahimovic, Kuyt, Shevchenko, Van Persie, Mutu and alot of strikers score far too many goals on the game due to good physical stats.

hmm, where to start

rooney, but this is probably because strikers are generally over rated...binachi had a 30 goal season on my game, 2nd year!

the whole inter team, winning serie a doesnt mean anything when u are constantly dominated by teams in the cl EVERY YEAR....zlatan, adriano, viera, cesar, samuel are all over rated imo

bendtner is over rated and possibly ade, but thats cus of striker power again....

elano is ridiculous sometimes

pandev

montolivo signed for chavski and became god....

van der vaart

theres loads, i think inter milan need reducing in stats the most cus in real life they are wack in europe and yet always reach the final of the cl in my games

Its funny how people only mention the big names as being over-rated and nobody mentions players who we dont know very well in real life.

If you want over-rated, then the real ones are players like Matias Fernandez, Luis Jimenez, Cristian Zapata etc. All these players are world-class and among the best in their position right from the start. That strikes me as bloody odd as they've not done much in real life to justify such stats. They might have all the potential in the world. Indeed, Zapata was a rock for Udinese last year iirc. But the fact is that at the start of the game, he's one of thes best CB's on the game even if he doesnt develop at all.

Atleast with players like Rooney and Ibra (who seem to be the most mentioned names on here), we have seen what they can do for the past few years. And we know they are great players even if over-rated on the game. And we know they can win you games with one moment of brilliance at any point. I'd rather that the game over-rates these guys than the likes of ones mentioned above tbh.

They'll always be over-rated players on the game. But this is balanced out by just as many players who are under-rated. Its a game so it cant be perfect. So just play with players who you think look really good instead of griping over your favourite ones being under-rated. If its a big problem, then you always have the editor to alter things the way you like them.

The Valencia team

Indeed, they are a pain in the ass to play in the game. IRL I don't think they've made it to the semi's of the champs league in recent times. However, Silva and Villa are the ones that do the most against me usually, and they're definitely great.

Sergio Aguero, although good IRL, he should not start so close to his PA.

Indeed, they are a pain in the ass to play in the game. IRL I don't think they've made it to the semi's of the champs league in recent times. However, Silva and Villa are the ones that do the most against me usually, and they're definitely great.

Sergio Aguero, although good IRL, he should not start so close to his PA.

Aguero should be hitting around the 20 goal mark first season so his stats should reflect that ability.

Ibra overrated? Only voted as nr 7 in the world last year, also voted the best player in serie a last year by the managers in serie A (who should know better than anyone), one of the top goal scorers in champions league last season, has won serie A 4 years in a row and before that the dutch league 2 times in 3 seasons. He's been rated higher than Kaka on numerous occasions as well, but no-one mentions Kaka as overrated. If he's hated thats another thing, I can see why, but no way that he's overrated. Being a Manchester United fan I could agree that Rooney scores way too many goals, but he gets too few assists IMO. He's one of the most important players in currently the best club in Europe so I wouldn't call him overrated overall, but he scores too many goals.

Rooney is over rated on the game I think he must mean not disciplined enough as in he runs around the pitch like a headless chicken instead of staying upfront and attacking more. Theres loads of players in the game that are over rated Ibrahimovic, Kuyt, Shevchenko, Van Persie, Mutu and alot of strikers score far too many goals on the game due to good physical stats.

Mutu overrated?!?!?!! Last 2 years helped Fiorentina to finish 5'th and 4'th place almost on his own, also qualified Romania to Euro 2008 scoring 90% of goals in the qualifing group stage, had the highest average rating from all Serie A players 2 years ago(according to Gazzetta dello Sport), and scored around 20 goals every season spent in the Serie A, competing for the top goalscorer every year. Still overrated? Think again!

elano is clearly the biggest mistake in the database...

Compare Elano's attributes in the db and in the game and you'll see that in the db he is fine, but the game engine ups several of his attributes...

Adebayour and Bendtner, but i feel players like SWP is over-rated

Also Ryan Taylor, keeps Rafinha out of my Liverpool team, and he surely isnt that good in real life

Carson, also looking a tad over-rated, he is probably the best keeper on the game on my save (but still doesnt get in the England squad, even though he conceded the least last year)

1. Rooney - Always scores against me no matter what team i am, And since when does wayne score 35 goals a season! hmm have i missed something has he ever got over 20 in the league in real life! hmmmm So over-rated in real life and the game but oh well at least you have walcott a true wonderkid.

2. Ibrahimovic - Lazy and Moody if he doesnt get his own way and never scores that many! Christ he went with out a international goal for 2 years till the euro's.

3.Bendnter - Yes he is a good player and might make it at the top but he certainly does not score the 30 goals a season in the Premier! And his Stats are far far to good! Still un proven i would say in the prem as not enough games and on the game works really well with adebeyor and we all no how much they love each other heeehee :D

4. Adebeyor - same as wayne always scores against me and yes he does score alot for arsenal but not quiet as much as the game makes out!

Archived