How Wages are calculated and how the board judge you on them

I really don't know if it's been asked before so apologies upfront, but I've just started my usual save starting unemployed and getting a job at a lower league club and I got Hyde and there's something regarding the wage budget and how the board judge you on it that doesn't.....ummmm, seem right. My wage budget is £2,900 a week and despite signing a lot of players on non contracts, it appears it has taken these unrealistically into account when totaling what I spend each week in wages. It has my expenditure at just over £4,100 per week, but my finances indicate its far less. The previous month showed player wages at just over £9,000 for the month (or just over £2,250 per week). It's no deal breaker, but when I'm actually spending far below the budget that is given to me and the club has made roughly £150,000 profit by November, its strange how it seems to calculate a non contract the same way as a full contract and the board are "disappointed" with how I'm controlling wages. Wouldn't it be better if a wage total took into consideration any non contracts you have and show a range? (ie "You are currently spending between £2,250 and £4,100 per week on wages depending on non contracted players appearance fees")

I'll end with a positive, I'm really enjoying FM15 :thup: . I don't think injuries are that OTT, I'm not getting many goal fests and well, players do act like babies but that's professional football (anyone who knows about the Yaya Toure birthday cake incident will know this, imagine that on FM! lol)

I'm aware of that. What I'm trying to put across is that I have a lot of non contract players, the ones that don't play, don't get paid. What it says I'm spending is almost double of what I'm actually spending according to the previously stated finances (roughly just over £2,250 per week for the previous month). In the first team, I have 14 players on full contracts with 18 on non contracts with... I think, 5 loanees (just call me Barry Fry! lol). I'd have thought the board wouldn't be as harsh and unrealistic by taking such a disappointed stance on my wage control given what is actually being spent and the tidy profit the club is making. I'm hoping I don't get my first ever FM sacking for this :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Are you saying you are spending below your wage budget because you are assuming your non-contract players count as £0 per week in your wage budget?

Are you overlooking their appearance fee which (in my experience) can be as high or higher than a weekly wage?

Still a semi pro club and my actual spending is comfortably below my budget according to my finances. Appearance fees I'm paying out are typically much less than players on full contracts. The board think Im spending more than double my wage budget and confidence in that area is a miserable 5% but my finances indicate I'm well below, so I think it should take in account what is actually spent rather than considering non contracts the same way as full contracts. Look at it this way, each week I'm not playing X amount of players who are on non contracts and therefore I'm not paying them but the board think I am paying them. It makes no sense. It should be along the lines of "You are currently spending between £2,500 and £5,000 per week on wages depending on non contracted players appearance fees" and the board confidence should reflect this along the lines of "Despite the potential amount being spent on wages, the previous month spent is X amount under budget and the board ask this to be maintained"

Still a semi pro club and my actual spending is comfortably below my budget according to my finances.

It doesn't matter what your finances say, only what the budget says and its above the level set by the board.

Whether you use a player or not his contract has a "Wage budget contribution value" and its this figure that goes towards your wage budget. The only time you can see this figure is when you offer a contract.

It doesn't matter what your finances say, only what the budget says and its above the level set by the board.

Whether you use a player or not his contract has a "Wage budget contribution value" and its this figure that goes towards your wage budget. The only time you can see this figure is when you offer a contract.

I do see that except again, it doesn't add up. For example, I approach to sign a player on a non contract, he asks for £200 appearance fee plus a goal bonus for £30 and one other fee of £30. Wage contribution shows £67. I wish my board would see it that way as it seems it counts fees in full (ie a player on £150 appearance fee counts as £150). All my non contract players show up as contributing 0% towards the wage bill in their contract information yet the board don't see it that way. My annoyance is the game's failure to see the difference between a budget and a bill. By all means a board can be critical of the budget, but they need to praise the bill, especially if the club is exceeding expectations in the league and is on course to make a profit of more than £110,000 for the season which is a rarity in the non league game. As much as one could say it doesn't matter what your finances say, thats what football is all about, its a business that occasionally becomes a sport. So imagine if I got the sack over money I'm not spending :lol::applause:

Archived