dual nationality player search

Is it/would it be possible to refine the player search when managing an international team to highlight more players with dual nationality who may be eligible for that country?

I'm currently the Wales manager so I will use that as my example.

If I search players as being Welsh I can currently view 24 pages (7 players per page). Usually included are one or two players who have Welsh as their second nationality who may, or may not, wish to play for the dragons should I call them up!

However, I've done some 'extensive' scouting of my own. By selecting EU players in the search engine, I've scoured the world, from region to region, looking for players who might be eligible. I have not found many but I have found some who do not appear in the original 24 page Welsh list. One was in Brazil, he doesn't want to play for me! One was in Ghana, he does want to play for me :)

I tried to search all of the Home Nations. Scotland & N.I. were easy enough but going through the English players? I did U21s only and got to page 30 out of 113. I'm committed but not crazy enough to go through all of them! I did actually find a couple of players though, who again, do not appear on the original search list.

I realise and appreciate this may only affect those who are managing 'smaller' countries with less players to choose from. I also respect that scouting networks will almost never be able to include every player from larger nations playing in a different continent. Some will always slip through the net. However, is it possible to refine the search engine? At least pick up all of the eligible players in that region with perhaps a sub-search?

Right, I'm off. I've got a plane waiting to take me to Australia as I've heard there's a 17yo who looks a good player. He's got a Welsh grannie so I may be able to get him in!!

Archived