Is this a bug?

I dont know, maybe this is the wrong place to ask - if it is, admins can move this to bug forum.

I play as Barcelona and I tried to excange Messi (value 58m) with an 16 year old player from Man City, they rejected it. Actually any regen I try to excange with Messi, its impossible. Is this a bug? I dont want to discuss again about the regens and how much they cost and why. Just give me an factual answer, how is this possible?

Again I dont want to discuss, I just asking. If you dont want to answer, just close this topic.

The reason should be obvious, Messi is not interestd in joining Man CIty & because they know this they do not bother entering negotiations.

If you annoy Messi to the point the he demands to leave & you keep your job then it might be possiblt to swap Messi for a youth player.

Looking at some of your recent posts it seems clear that FM might not be the game you are looking for.

Wow, just wow pukfm :rolleyes:

How many times do you need to be told an answer before you listen & understand?

I'm just VERY frustrated about this aspect of the game! No club want MESSI - every club just want to keep their 16 year old regens (with an unknown future) at all costs, every club probably think their regens have more potentiel than Messi.

Anyway, i got the answer, its not a bug, you can close the topic.

If you are willing to invest your time in this, run a few more reasonable tests. Find a high class player who would be interested in a move to Man City, someone who has reasonable wage demands and then try and swap them for a decent regen and report back.

Your choice of Messi makes the whole thing totally void.

No club want MESSI

This is where you fall over time and time again mate.

The reason should be obvious, Messi is not interestdin joining Man CIty & because they know this they do not baother entering negotiations.

If you annoy Messi to the point the he demands to leave & you keep your job then it might be possiblt to swap Messi for a youth player.

Looking at some of your recent post it seems clear that FM might not be the game you are looking for.

Its not just Messi - try to excange Pogba, Ozil, Fabregas or other world class players with 16 year old regens - its nearly impossible.

Looking at some of your recent post it seems clear that FM might not be the game you are looking for.

This.

Come on Pukfm, of all the hobbies in the world making a thread on the SI forums about the transfer market every few days is the saddest one I can think of.

I'm just VERY frustrated about this aspect of the game! No club want MESSI - every club just want to keep their 16 year old regens (with an unknown future) at all costs, every club probably think their regens have more potentiel than Messi.

Anyway, i got the answer, its not a bug, you can close the topic.

I'm very frustrated that you never make any attempt to listen or try to understand when people explain things to you and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

I'm very frustrated that you never make any attempt to listen or try to understand when people explain things to you and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

I'm sorry about that, i dont try to bother you.. Can you please (for the last time - i promise i will not bring this up again) explain me, how in earth Man City dont want to excange their 16 year old player with (maybe) the best player of all time: MESSI?

I'm sorry about that, i dont try to bother you.. Can you please (for the last time - i promise i will not bring this up again) explain me, how in earth Man City dont want to excange their 16 year old player with (maybe) the best player of all time in history: MESSI?

It could be a number of reasons

They think he doesnt want to join them.

They dont want to pay his wages

They dont want him.

Exchanging players is pretty hard in the game, the most favorable times to do it is when they show an interest in one of your players.

I'm sorry about that, i dont try to bother you.. Can you please (for the last time - i promise i will not bring this up again) explain me, how in earth Man City dont want to excange their 16 year old player with (maybe) the best player of all time: MESSI?

Because Messi would reject negotiations with them. Clubs always reject player exchanges involving players not interested in joining them.

So you think my experiment is absurd, but you dont think its absurd for Man City to reject the Messi excange?

I'll give you my view, it's fairly simple and it fits for a number of gripes people have with the game. It's just my view and it's not factual, so do with it what you like.

The AI reacts well to what you might consider "normal" behaviour, this is not normal behaviour, therefore you get what you consider to be an absurd outcome.

The truth however is that the AI works on a set of parameters you can't see, as has been explained above, offering Messi to them out of nowhere is silly, Messi won't want to leave, they may not think they can afford his wages or signing on fees etc etc.

Try and alienate Messi over a period of time, transfer list him, reduce his value, don't play him and then see if you can do a deal. Two phrases spring to mind.

1. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

2. If you put rubbish in, you get rubbish out.

It could be a number of reasons

They think he doesnt want to join them.

They dont want to pay his wages

They dont want him.

Exchanging players is pretty hard in the game, the most favorable times to do it is when they show an interest in one of your players.

No its not true. Its not just Messi - try to excange Pogba, Ozil, Fabregas or other world class players with 16 year old regens - its nearly impossible.

Because Messi would reject negotiations with them. Clubs always reject player exchanges involving players not interested in joining them.

No its not true - thats not the reason. Its not just Messi - try to excange Pogba, Ozil, Fabregas or other world class players with 16 year old regens - its nearly impossible.

I'll give you my view, it's fairly simple and it fits for a number of gripes people have with the game. It's just my view and it's not factual, so do with it what you like.

The AI reacts well to what you might consider "normal" behaviour, this is not normal behaviour, therefore you get what you consider to be an absurd outcome.

The truth however is that the AI works on a set of parameters you can't see, as has been explained above, offering Messi to them out of nowhere is silly, Messi won't want to leave, they may not think they can afford his wages or signing on fees etc etc.

Try and alienate Messi over a period of time, transfer list him, reduce his value, don't play him and then see if you can do a deal. Two phrases spring to mind.

1. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

2. If you put rubbish in, you get rubbish out.

No its not true. Its not just Messi - try to excange Pogba, Ozil, Fabregas or other world class players with 16 year old regens - its nearly impossible.

Its just not as simple as saying that.

The player has to be interested in joining the club and they have to believe they have a realistic chance of signing them and being able to pay their wages.

but thats just one side of the coin, the other is that they are not prepared to discuss any transfers for a 16yo with potential irrelevant of what you offer.

You've had that explained to you several times over the last few weeks.

At the end of the day you are trying to circumvent the transfer market to sign the best young players which as you are finding out isn't easy. You need to learn that you don't have the right to sign any player you want and you need to show patience approaching clubs & players at the right time to seal a transfer.

Even if it was a bug why would SI spend any valuable time coding a solution for a scenario that is utterly ridiculous?

I've bolded the bit I think is important. When was the last time you ever saw a world class player being traded in this way?

I can't think of one.

Listen, I'll bow out here mate. I don't think that even if I knew the absolute factual reasoning the AI applies and explained it to you, you would believe me.

There's more to the game than "I can't swap Messi = It's broken", I'm just not sure anyone can convince you.

Archived