How to keep my save interesting...

In 2022 and having started unemployed I've played with Napoli and Chelsea where I've won everything and getting slightly bored. I was thinking about trying to win the WC and then joining the team I support (Newcastle) but is there anything else interesting I can do. Don't really fancy travelling all over the world to manage so was thinking to only make youth team players in my squad and not sign more than 1 player a season

Anyone got any ideas to keep my game alive ?

Pick a lower league team and make them into world beaters.

Pick a team where the "Most League Goals"-record is very high and try to get a player to beat it. (I am currently doing that in my Man Utd-save. Needs to beat 199 league goals. A record that has stood for over 40 years. Fun, but needs something else to keep it interesting as well.)

Only buy players from your teams nation.

Start each season with a different tactical system.

To extend this, if you use FMC there's no tactical familiarity so you can chop and change all the time. I had a "Twelve tactics of Christmas" save with IFK Goteborg on the go in the festive period, and went through the fist twelve default tactics one by one - a different system in every single game :cool:

Rather than follow Chelsea's policy of only offering one year contracts to players over 30, sell a player when he hits 30! I've done this on a few saves and tied it in with an average age limit for the team of either 21 or 22

Sell all players who reach the age of 26, no loan players allowed and all players scouted via your own scouts, to top it off don't allow yourself to use the same tactic twice in a row and you must use a minimum of 12 tactics in one season.

I have always played with the objective of turning my club into a machine. That means that over the course of 5-7 seasons I bring players through from my youth team via my reserves and where the best ones make the first team squad. In the first season or two I will buy a lot of players, usually selling off most first team players I inherited who are coming up to thirty and also have expensive wages. By the 5th season I usually have a conveyor band of players passing through the system some being sold as not good enough at my level but nonetheless very good players at lesser levels. In this way I very rarelly use transfer funds available unless I want to buy a really really top young player who was a marquee signing. At the beginning of my 3rd season in my present save I just bought Paul Pogba for £80+ million including various time related clauses. As I play all my matches in full it usually takes me most of the year to complete 5-7 seasons when the new FM comes out and I start all over again. I have a background in management (industry) which I can apply successfully in FM and I very rarely get bored with playing FM. Over the years I have tried LLM, sleeping giants to the CL etc etc but find that turning a club into a powerhouse machine keeps me interested and involved much more.

Archived