Does every private chat come back to you as a piece in the media?

A player came to me saying he wasn't getting any matches. I said he was right and was unlikely to get anymore any time soon so I should let him leave as he's NC, he says he would rather stay. I thought nothing about it, 2 days later the press report that he and I had a "row".

From what I understood of the encounter, neither of us were angry and he didn't want to leave.

Now, this isn't a problem but what is is that everything that happens at the club is reported in the press. Is this because we are a semi pro club or we are just poor at keeping secrets?

A player came to me saying he wasn't getting any matches. I said he was right and was unlikely to get anymore any time soon so I should let him leave as he's NC, he says he would rather stay. I thought nothing about it, 2 days later the press report that he and I had a "row".

From what I understood of the encounter, neither of us were angry and he didn't want to leave.

Now, this isn't a problem but what is is that everything that happens at the club is reported in the press. Is this because we are a semi pro club or we are just poor at keeping secrets?

It's just an attempt to recreate how the press works. It isn't unusual for stuff to get leaked to the press. Also I've seen things that are just made up.

I've had press updates claiming I've "had a row" with a player over playing time, and that the locker room is fractured, but I was never provided the opportunity to actually speak to the player. It wasn't that I holidayed past it, I've been clicking "continue" (and this year's game MAKES you either speak to the player or decline if you're not holidaying), I just get an inbox that the lad has his panties in a twist.

Re: transfer bids leaked to the press - I can't think of a single circumstance when there's been a news item about it that I didn't end up getting the player.

Archived