Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by RecliamTheKop:

Livadia 08/09 Belarus First League

First season finished and i suppose its job done. Avoid Relegation. Thats as good as it gets really. Awful away record (won 1) and knocked out of the cup 1st round. Hightlight of the season is three good signings, albeit 2 on loan

Belarus First League

Khachaturyan

Rushnitskiy

Shilo

You really motored through that first season. icon_eek.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meldert, Belgium - March 6th 2030

Champions League First Knockout Round:

Group stage survived unscathed, time to see how far we can go this year. The odds of making it all the way to the final again are against us, but we'll see.

We'd meet Rangers first, which I was quite pleased about. They reach the First Knockout Round on a semi-regular basis, but they've only made it into the Quarters once, almost 20 years ago, so I gave us a good chance against them.

Meldert - Rangers: 5-1

Rangers got the early momentum and away goal, so it looked like it would be a difficult match. But then they had a player sent off, and we took full advantage. We completely overwhelmed them in the second half, making the return leg a formality.

Rangers - Meldert: 3-2

Or so I thought, at least, but we were absolutely nowhere in the first half and Rangers was one goal away from closing the gap. Luckily a bit of a harsh team talk did the trick, and we took control again in the second half.

So we're into the Quarters. No more "easy" opponents from now on.

2009 Update

Came 3rd in the First Division a long way being Champions start and Aalesand in 2nd. Came ahead of Norwegian Cup winners Lyn Oslo who came 4th. I also beat them twice yay.

Can sill not sign anyone for love nor money. So remain pretty much Valergenga Reserves.

P30 W20 D 3 L7 F67 A35 GD+32 Pts 63

Average Attendance up to 1695 from 649 last year.

Stadium updates to 3000 seats from less then 1000 seats. Reduced capacity slightly but I think its better to have seats.

Disappointed missing out in the play off but happy with progress so far.

OK, having great fun reading about your challenges, I've decided to try it myself and begin as manager of Limhamns IF in Swedish Second Division South Gotaland.

Club info

As you can see, we're tipped to win the league icon_redface.gif. My chairman is quite ambitious too - he expects us to win the league this season and to establish ourselfs in Superettan in five years. Going to be fun surely.

As far as I can tell, we have quite decent squad at the moment. Let the challenge begin!

For what its worth, anyone here able to make a Hetman logo that works in the game? I tried it and it just came out a mess.

There's a pretty good crest on hetmanzamosc.com, also hetmanzamosc.net

No biggie, but I'd appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

Here is the table from my first season. it was good season as far as a semi pro club goes. It was good start followed by a lackluster performance and a very good finish.

I almost promoted if Dundela lost their last game and I won (which I did)... only 3 points separating us as you can see. As far as the cups and the rest of the competition goes... I didn't make far in either of them.

Right now I am in my second season and already on top of the table. 8 games played though. I will make sure I win this season...

Well, we're through to the group stages once again after a pretty easy qualifying run, victories over Maltese champions Valetta, Georgian champions Dinamo Tblisi and Brann of Norway put us into this charming group:

Liverpool

CSKA Moscow

Ajax

Hetman

Liverpool are the top ranked team in Europe, winning the Champions League in 2011, 2012 and 2014. CSKA Moscow are a slightly easier mark, having gone out in the group stages the last 3 seasons, though they did make the knockout rounds, including 2 quarterfinals the preceeding 4 years. They also made the UEFA Cup semifinals in 2014, and the quarters the year before. They will be heavy, heavy favorites. Ajax made the CL Semifinal in 2010, but lost out in the group stages 3 of the last 5 years, including one non-qualification. They've made little to no progress in the UEFA Cup as well.

A look at the rosters shows the Muscovites are the most likely to let us pick up points, much like Spartak last year, while Ajax are much better than us, and Liverpool, well, the likes of Bojan, Torres still in fine shape, Theo Walcott, Samir Nasri, Silva and Aaron Lennon man their attack, whilst their defence is manned by Mertesacker, Agger, Ratinho and Traore, with Mascherano, Lucas and Sissoko providing the midfield shield. If I keep it under 10-0, it'll be an achievement.

Hopefully we can pick up enough points to take 3rd behind Liverpool and Ajax for another crack at the wafer cup.

Finished Season 4 and I just got Promoted. This season was the best for me (hopefully more good things to come). I also won the league cup and this is the squad I did it with. My best player was Michael Carvill, he scored 26 goals overall this season.

Here is the Table overall and as you can see, only one team lost the relegation playoffs.

To next season and the First division!!!

Meldert, Belgium - April 2nd 2030

Champions League Quarter Final, leg 1:

Our opponent... Valencia. A tough one.

Last winners of the CL in 2024, two more Final and two more Semi Final appearances since then, Valencia are one of the teams to beat.

We have faced them 4 times before in the last 18 months or so, being in the same group with them twice in a row. They won three, we narrowly won one.

With our squad a bit shaky, a few key players with morale problems, some poor results in the league, and Donato Galante - our only striker who's been scoring well - out injured for the season, I didn't have many reasons to be optimistic.

Meldert - Valencia: 3-1

But I'll settle for that!

A fantastic start, with a great attack from the kick off and a goal after 21 seconds, before a Valencia player touched the ball.

Then our luck changed though, with first one striker and then a second being stretchered off.

However, we remained the better team, and ran out deserved winners.

Still, we're not in the semis yet. Valencia managed to snatch an important away goal with their first good chance of the match.

And with our first, second and fourth choice strikers injured for the return leg, it's still gonna be tricky. I'll have to hope our defense performs well.

Livadia Belarus First League 2009 Season

Another poor season finishing in exactly the same position as last season. Once again objective of avoiding relegation was completed but i would liketo make a bit of a challenge for promotion next season. No realhighlights

belarusfirstleaguemf1.png]Belerusian First League[/url]

belarusfirstleaguemf1.png]Maxim Tsigalko[/url]

Sirocco Works in Europe

After my failure in the first qualifying match last season, I am finally looking forward to my first season of European football.

CL 1st qualifying match leg 1

CL 1st qualifying match leg 2

Made pretty easy work of Levadia Tallinn from Estonia to make it past the hurdle I failed at last time.

CL 2nd qualifying match leg 1

CL 2nd qualifying match leg 2

Bezanija of Serbia provided much harder opposition, with a late goal from Martin Green to send us through on away goals.

CL 3rd qualifying match leg 1

CL 3rd qualifying match leg 2

The first leg was probably my greatest result at Sirocco Works, sadly it was not enough as I was just not good enough to win in front on 57000 fans at Celtic Park. It was a shame not to make it to the group stages, but Celtic were tough opposition.

UEFA Cup 1st round leg 1

UEFA Cup 1st round leg 2

What a way to go through!

UEFA Cup Group H

The story continues...

Jameslowe, bad luck. But I am sure you will do the business next season.

Ørn Horten is a club with great traditions, even though it is many years since they won something.

Sure you can bring them to a new era.

Their most famous player is Per Bredesen. He went on to play for both Inter and Milan, and other clubs in Italy as well.

He is still a legend in Italy.

Coachflu: Good luck, cross my fingers that you will do it this year.

Taunton Is Stian Ringstad any good in real life? He's immense on FM, I'm just wondering how his scoring record is for the Eidsvold Turn Yth team is?

He is considered a very talented player. He is a regular in the Norway U17s and it is a matter of time how long he will be at Eidsvold Turn.

In 2006 as a 15 year old he played for Eidsvold Turns U16, U19 and reserves team and scored five goals in eight reserve matches. He was meant to get his debut at the first team in 2. division, but the FA said no because of his young age.

In 2007 he became ETs youngest player ever.

This season he played 6+12 games for the first team and scored two goals, he was also top scorer for the reserves.

Before this season he has got shirt number nine and Eidsvold Turn is very excited to see how he progresses.

His favorite team is Man U.

Here is a photo of the lad.

Stian Ringstad

Originally posted by Taunton:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Taunton Is Stian Ringstad any good in real life? He's immense on FM, I'm just wondering how his scoring record is for the Eidsvold Turn Yth team is?

He is considered a very talented player. He is a regular in the Norway U17s and it is a matter of time how long he will be at Eidsvold Turn.

In 2006 as a 15 year old he played for Eidsvold Turns U16, U19 and reserves team and scored five goals in eight reserve matches. He was meant to get his debut at the first team in 2. division, but the FA said no because of his young age.

In 2007 he became ETs youngest player ever.

This season he played 6+12 games for the first team and scored two goals, he was also top scorer for the reserves.

Before this season he has got shirt number nine and Eidsvold Turn is very excited to see how he progresses.

His favorite team is Man U.

Here is a photo of the lad.

Stian Ringstad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lad sounds good. It's going to be really interesting watching him progress over coming seasons, especially if a big team comes in for him (I hope it's Viking icon_smile.gif ). I like the fact he likes Man Utd aswel, It would be cool if he followed a Solskjaer example and moved to Utd (My favorite English team icon_cool.gif ).

Meldert, Belgium - April 10th 2030

Champions League Quarter Final, leg 2:

(First leg result: Meldert - Valencia: 3-1)

A good home result to take the the away leg, but I wasn't expecting a breeze.

Valencia - Meldert: 3-2

Well, it wasn't a breeze, but we played better than expected. We should have finished this off in the first half, but Valencia was much more efficient.

When we scored a second goal, it was pretty much in the bag. Valencia started pushing hard after that, and their two quick goals made me briefly nervous, but we managed to play it out.

So we're into the Semis again!

At a price though. Valencia injured two of our strikers in each leg, leaving me in a bit of a mess up front. A few should be back for the Semis, but I'll have to play some youngsters in the next league match.

The remaining teams in the Champions League: Inter, Atletico Madrid, and Real Madrid.

If I had a choice, I'd like Atletico please. icon_smile.gif

For those of you waiting with baited breath, Hetman's Champions League run is over for 2015/2016, and it was abject. It started well enough, after the requisite slaughter by Liverpool at New Anfield 1-4, we put forth a masterful performance at OSiR vs CSKA and taught them a lesson, 6-1. The next match, we lost a narrow 0-1 to Ajax in Zamosc. Halfway through, we were in 3rd where we expected to be, looking good for the UEFA Cup. The worm turned as Amsterdam ArenA, where we were handily thrashed by Ajax, 1-4. We lost 0-2 to Liverpool in a scoreline that flattered us, and then with a UEFA cup birth on the line, were held 1-0 in the snow at CSKA-Petchanoye.

The poor form has been matched all around, this has been the worst autumn I've presided over since our first season, while we're only 4 points off the leaders with 3 games in hand in the league, we've just not been the crisp, free-scoring outfit that we were last year. I'm not sure if its 8.0.2 playing havoc with my tactics, though I did play half a season under 8.02 last term and that half-season included our magical UEFA Cup run. I did make quite a few transfers in the summer, but with the exception of Sunday Mba - whose incessant whining about a bigger club I just couldn't take anymore - almost all of them were on the fringes of the first team, both transfers in and out.

For whatever reason, I have this weird feeling that I really have no control over my team, regardless of the results - even my poor first season, I knew I was doing all I could. Probably, I've played too much of this save this week and I should just step away for a little bit.

Anyway, that's the CL wrap.

Meldert, Belgium - April 23rd 2030

Champions League Semi Final, leg 1:

A special match, not just because of its importance, but also because it was my 1000th match in charge of Meldert.

So we drew Inter. Well, at least it wasn't Real Madrid, those I really wanted to avoid. icon_smile.gif

Inter was a major force in Europe some ten years ago, but they won their last Champions League in 2023, and their Semi appearance this season is their best result since. So I gave us a chance.

Inter - Meldert: 0-1

Well, "good but frustrating" sums it up. We played a top notch match, in control from start to finish, but our finishing was just awful. Luckily last year's overpriced transfer Fofana managed to get one of his 10 shots into the net, so we got the vital away goal.

This is a good result to start the home match with, and if Inter are as mediocre as they were in this match we should be alright, but often if you fail to finish it off when you have the chance you end up regretting it later. So I'm not quite confident just yet.

Manager info screen after 1000 matches.

Season 2013 Review - Gestrike-Hammarby IF in Swedish First Division Elite

Finally some progress! And with my own players rather than loanees.

League Table

Past Positions

If it weren't for those pesky U21, U20 and U19 teams stealing 10+ of my players at every call-up without any fixtures re-arranged, I'm confident we'd have grabbed that 2nd place and automatic promotion. I needed just a draw in the last league game to beat Häcken to it, but with 3/4ths of my first team squad away, it wasn't to be. icon13.gif

Squad

Transfers

Nothing too special going on here apart from the £2M deal. Finally got my training/youth facility upgrades approved thanks to it.

Star Player

Had some injury problems this season, but when he plays he's a really consistent scorer. Missed him tremendously during his injury spells.

Club Coefficient: N/A

Nation Coefficient: 15.042 (24th)

Domestic Titles: 0

Off to the promotion playoffs we go...

Meldert, Belgium - May 1st 2030

Champions League Semi Final, leg 2:

After the 0-1 win in Italy, we had a good shot of reaching the Final for the second time. My main worry before the second leg: our new star DC had picked up an injury in the first leg, so would have to sit this one out. I had a bad feeling about that.

Meldert - Inter: 4-3

And the bad feeling turned out to be justified.

We had the perfect start and quickly went 2-0 up, but then came a half hour of absolutely awful defending. At half time we were 2-3 down and Inter was leading on away goals.

But at least that gave me a reason to question the team's passion during the break, and that had the desired effect. We started the second half as we had started the first, and two great goals of our left winger gave us some breathing room again. Inter had no reply.

Into the Champions League Final again!

No Liverpool this time, they went out in the First Knockout Round. Instead, we'll be facing Real Madrid.

That'll have to wait until tomorrow though. icon_smile.gif

Archived